Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lynn Tramper (retropump) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Antipodes of La Coruna
About Me Lynn Tramper has not added a biography yet.
CountryThe Antipodes

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lynn Tramper

Showing 161 - 170 of 3344 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...335

Forum » Thread

Re: Slangin'
"Lynn... I find it difficult to discuss or argue with most people on the left because their discourse is based on emotion rather than evidence of facts and history. It seems that you've ad...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 21, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cholesterol levels
I agree with Brian, in that you mainly want your triglycerides to be low. LDL cholesterol can be damaging, or not, and mainly depends on it's oxidation level. Unfortunately there are not (yet)...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
August 21, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012=The Official Guide to Legitimate Rape
Thanks for that David. Good to know there is a difference between legitimate rape and illegitimate rape, and that a woman's body can tell the difference.

August 20, 9:40pm

Re: Romney/Ryan and Kathy's response
"toward a group of people--many who are your neighbors--that simply have a different opinion than you. They just have a different political strategy in mind in accomplishing many of the same g...

August 20, 9:28pm

Re: comparison
"Not sure but I think that the "intelligent countries" refers to those countries which are not filled to the brim with easily-distracted, easily-led morons that populate our good ol&...

August 20, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Makes sense to me Tom

August 20, 8:02pm

Ha ha
I support: Responsible Dog owners Good science Self-reliance Universal health care Social security Oral hygiene The Carbon Flame war Other folks right to hunt Other's right to religi...

In Chaff » The I used to be a member but now I'm not celebration thread.
August 20, 8:00pm

Re: Re: served.
"Are you suggesting that Rog debate with actual climate science experts instead of ultralightweight backpacking enthusiasts? Hmmmmmm." I don't think 'debate' is really the ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 20, 7:27pm

Re: Past the point
Fred, I agree that it will make little real difference which party is elected, which is why I'm not particularly interested in party politics (which is what I call 'promises' made to at...

August 20, 4:08pm

Re: 25 year cooling of southern ocean: a problem for co2 theorists
Watching Dan and Roger go back and forth is fun ;) It's like watching two religious sects arguing when you know for a fact that neither is ever going to convert to the other religious point of...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 20, 3:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Lynn Tramper

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Trail Designs SideWinder for AGG 2qt pot
First of all, apologies for cross-posting this review. I initially put it n the cookware category and can't move it (Mods feel free to delete the other review). I have been using this cook syst...

In Stoves - Other
October 18, 12:50pm

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
I want to love this pack, I really do. It is comfortable, it is roomy enough for most trips, it fits well, carries heavier laods well, and has all the feature I could want in a pack (I got extra poc...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 17, 7:17pm

Trail designs SideWinder
I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. My system is designed to fit around, AND in th...

In Cookware - Other
October 17, 6:53pm

Packa s/m 2008 model
I thought it better to keep the Packa reviews in one place, so this applies to the 2009 medium/large Packa. To be honest, I wanted a Roger Caffin style poncho, but could see it was going to take me m...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 18, 1:57pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
I use these for around camp and sleep wear, so have not (yet) had any problems with durability. For my main use they are simply brilliant. This merino is the frist wool I've found that isn't...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 18, 12:23pm

Trail Designs Caldera Keg
This cool little cookset is just perfect for my solo trips. "The lightest , most stable, wind resistant, and efficient cooking system you can buy." says the Trail Designs website, and I don...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:41pm

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot
I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem. I have used this pot for several years fo...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:34pm

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
I have carried this "stove" for 14 nights in the field now, and it has become my go-to stove. Even after 7 days of continuous rain, I was able to find enough dry-ish wood to cook AND have a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 15, 6:25pm

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low l...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 07, 6:27pm

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
These are my all time favourites. They've kept me comfortable in everything from snowboarding to windswept ridge hikes to calm and hot uphill hikes. They are comfortable, light, and dry in an in...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 11:58am