BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 161 - 170 of 7111 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...712

Forum » Thread

Re: hmm
"It was girls doing it to each other." and to themselves one of the points of that video

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
June 30, 3:22pm

Re: wait a minute
"Who considers girls dumb? I know that men are more likely to go into math and science fields, but that is a preference (maybe skill). But how is that dumb? And who tells women they need to be...

June 30, 3:20pm

Re: I guess it is just me
I think throwing like a girl is a metaphor. Doesn't really matter that much how good you throw unless you're an athlete. But the same thing applies to other things like math and scien...

June 30, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Conversation-NOT
maybe that's a little strong we are all getting dementia symptoms slowly my mom was embarrased about getting dementia symptoms and tried to hide it I am embracing and celebrating my de...

In Chaff » Conversation-NOT
June 30, 8:27am

Re: Conversation-NOT
dementia? My mom got that way as she got older My wife and I are heading down that path Maybe dementia is a little too strong a word Kind of hard to change the pattern. Maybe that'...

In Chaff » Conversation-NOT
June 30, 7:41am

Re: no soap in/near water sources
I do 6 nights often Use sufficient toilet paper Otherwise I just ignore it. I take shower when I get home. My wife doesn't complain too much but she is glad that I take shower. Maybe I...

In GEAR » Personal hygene (the naughty spot question)
June 30, 7:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on the durability of UL backpacks
Maybe Cuben is a poor choice for pack material Pack has small area so heavier fabric doesn't weigh much more Cuben is good for a tarp that has a large area so the lighter weight of Cubem ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on the durability of UL backpacks
June 29, 11:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on the durability of UL backpacks
UL backpack may have lighter material so be less durable. If you take care of it, it will last a long time. My 1970 Kelty Pack is still going strong, but I never use it because it's so he...

In GEAR » Thoughts on the durability of UL backpacks
June 29, 9:32pm

Unconstitutional Obama over-reach
Can't help myself - Matthew, have you seen this?

In Chaff » Unconstitutional Obama over-reach
June 29, 9:59am

Re: Sounds good Jerry
I'm sure you're familiar with "Survivorman" and Les Stroud who does just one week trips and videos them. But he simulates being stuck unprepared and making do with what he can ...

In Chaff » Survival Trip in the "Fortress of the Bears"
June 29, 9:41am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.