Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 161 - 170 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
and the people are still free to fly confederate flags they maybe can't buy them from Walmart, but there are still places

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 08, 5:45pm

Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
I thought the deal was the metal surrounding the burner I see what you mean, the burner on the Windmaster is concave, MicroRegulator convex

In GEAR » canister stove with truly great simmer/flame adjustability?
July 08, 4:46pm

Re: trump interview on MSNBC
They're going to replay it at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Western, MSNBC The most amazing thing I've ever seen on TV

In Chaff » trump interview on MSNBC
July 08, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
yeah, that's essentially the same as a Windmaster In my experience you need a better windscreen than that But it is somewhat effective, as in Jim's video, so the Micro Regulator is ba...

July 08, 4:28pm

Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
"In any case, the gesture might be much more meaningful if the people themselves choose to act on their own accord" that's just what the SC legislature and governor appear to be doing

July 08, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
when you say micro regulator + optional windscreen, isn't that essentially the same as the windmaster? just trying to understand

July 08, 4:23pm

Re: I was excited too until...
nice review, thanks gopro silver looks pretty good

In Photography » New smaller gopro
July 08, 4:21pm

Re: Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
yeah, sheltered location good many times, proper technique can work just as good as more gear still, with the Windmaster, even though I try to find sheltered location, I find a windscreen is ...

July 08, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
Strom Thurmond's son, Republican SC legislator said that the friends and family of the 9 people killed, showed great grace in forgiving the murderer. He said he wanted to return that grace b...

July 08, 1:26pm

trump interview on MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.com/shift/watch/excerpts-of-nbc-interview-with-donald-trump-480201795997 they're going to repeat it at 4PM and 8PM on MSNBC Trump has to be the best debater Katy Tur k...

In Chaff » trump interview on MSNBC
July 08, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.