Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 161 - 170 of 8273 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...828

Forum » Thread

Re: hah, same time posts
"Heed jerry's words" Now if my wife just took that to heart : ) I use black fleece so sharpie doesn't work White chalk sort of works And do the best you can, then meas...

In Make Your Own Gear » Harold / fleece stitch
January 27, 7:53pm

Re: Re: Good Grief
You deserve an award, Ben, except you didn't get to the good part : )

In Chaff » Good Grief
January 27, 7:48pm

Re: hmm, is this right?
during the day it doesn't matter, but when I wear the hat overnight, as I toss and turn, sometimes the hat will gradually slide up and not completely cover my head

January 27, 5:35pm

Re: that was my first guess too
that's a good point, bottom less wide than top would slip off head even less time to make a new hat yeah, sew it, try it on, sew it again, until happy hard to rip out stitches though -...

January 27, 5:27pm

Re: Frontline - Putin's Way
That's too bad, you have some interesting ideas I hate it when people delete all their posts I think it best to just take the interesting or useful things that people post, and ignore the...

In Chaff » Frontline - Putin's Way
January 27, 5:22pm

Re: sample
most fleece stretches in one direction more than the other. You want the stretchy direction to go around your head, not up and down. if you make the right and left side parallel, it will tend t...

January 27, 5:14pm

Re: Good Grief
Charlie Brown? Oh, Sarah Palin I though it would be Romney I can watch 8 minutes of Jon Stewart but not 3 hours and 30 minutes of Austrian economics : )

In Chaff » Good Grief
January 27, 5:02pm

Re: re
"Law of unintended consequences." good point unintended consequences affects everything which makes things tricky similarly, schools like University of Phoenix are currently maki...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 27, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Obama wants to tax college 529 savings
I think it said most of the benefit goes to people making $200K a year, but I'm too lazy to google it again. It's like capital gains tax preference. Sure, a few unwealthy people take ad...

January 27, 2:26pm

Re: Obama wants to tax college 529 savings
That's too bad. College is so expensive. This is one solution. I see the logic though. Most of the taxes saved with 529 plans is for the most affluent. Better to have an education plan t...

January 27, 12:15pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.