Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 161 - 170 of 7860 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...786

Forum » Thread

Re: No more plastic...
I use anodized aluminum Sea to Summit spoon. Cut off the end to fit in my pot. 0.3 oz so it doesn't really matter if there's something a little lighter. Annodized is rough texture a bit ...

In GEAR » No more plastic...
November 12, 4:31pm

Re: Minimum temperature for inverted canister stove
yeah, if at altitude, then the air pressure is less, so you can be colder and the pressure inside canister will still be greater than air

In GEAR » Minimum temperature for inverted canister stove
November 12, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Minimum temperature for inverted canister stove
so much for theory : )

November 12, 10:52am

Re: Re: Re: Hiking This Weekend with 20 degree F Temps...which stove
interesting thought you couldn't use the last little bit of butane in the canister. you could always use that upright though if the contaminant was dissolved in the butane, this techniqu...

In GEAR » Recommend me a disposal cylinder stove
November 12, 10:35am

Re: Minimum temperature for inverted canister stove
That's what I was thinking (not very hard) until someone corrected me If you look at Roger's article http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/effect_of_cold_on_gas_canist...

November 12, 10:33am

Re: Hiking This Weekend with 20 degree F Temps...which stove
at 20 F you can either use inverted stove, or heat up the upright canister the one thing I don't like about inverted, is it's possible for stuff to come out canister and clog stove. Les...

November 12, 8:57am

Re: Rosetta
there's a PBS show Nov 19 at 10 PM your link didn't work, but maybe they're just off right now and it will work later

In On the Web » Rosetta
November 12, 8:51am

Re: Cheap Fleece
my wife got my "REI" fleece vest from Goodwill they have many fleece items there, and they're cheap

In GEAR » Quick Fleece Question
November 12, 8:41am

Re: Re: Re: Supersizing an avatar
do you think we will want to watch him and his wife?

In Make Your Own Gear » Supersizing an avatar
November 11, 8:55pm

Re: Soto
Soto should be good down to about 25 F. Sort of slow at that temp. Make sure you have canisters that are isobutane, not n-butane (or just butane), but most canisters are that.

November 11, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.