Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 161 - 170 of 7793 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...780

Forum » Thread

Re: Air gap
I think that 1/2 inch air gap would give twice the temperature difference of a 1/4 inch. And 1 inch air gap would give 3 times the temp difference of a 1/4 inch. Bigger air gap may actually be wo...

In GEAR » Omni-Heat reflective?
October 29, 11:32pm

Re: Holey foam
If you squish the foam flat it's easier to poke a hole through it Like you could have a plywood board with a hole. Squish foam. Poke through the hole to make hole in foam.

In Make Your Own Gear » Holy foam
October 29, 11:29pm

Re: World Series 2014
No brain injuries No humans that will spend the rest of their short life tremoring, or beating up their girlfriend cause they get so angry, or killing themselves I watched it a bit. I was ro...

In Chaff » World Series 2014
October 29, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Since we're transitioning from silly to serious
educate and empower women - that will result in stable population Like as happened in the west If women are subservient and just do what husband says, then population will continue to grow

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 29, 8:21pm

Re: Nice!
same here - 3 ft x 3 ft? - I actually made a tarp that size to go over my head end - works if there's just a bit of drizzle

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG First 3x3 Tarp
October 29, 5:13pm

Re: MYOG First 3x3 Tarp
Nice tarp. Nice video. I like that fabric. How much does it weigh? It's probably over-engineered, but that's okay. Zigzag stitch only needed for seams going into corners, because t...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG First 3x3 Tarp
October 29, 4:28pm

80% favor quarantine
A CBS poll says 80% of U.S. people favor quarantine for people returning from West Africa I wonder if that means you should be put in a plastic room with no running water and a bucket for a bath...

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 29, 4:18pm

Re: You probably don't know what you're talking about...
Another good article Doug U.S. has 78% Christians. I wonder how many are active, like how many go to church regularly.

In Chaff » You probably don't know what you're talking about...
October 29, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
You drink 5 gallons of water in an hour??? Wow!!!

In Philosophy & Technique » Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
October 28, 5:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Since we're transitioning from silly to serious
The point of that PNAS study, was that population control is not a quick fix. We still need to transition to alternate energy sources, use resources more efficiently,... If you look at wikipedi...

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 28, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.