BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 161 - 170 of 335 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: good info
I hadn't realized the newer Verizon iPhones (4S and 5) now take SIMs. It looks like the phones may still have CDMA radios that would work without the SIM, so it'd be good to test things ou...

In GEAR » iPhone GPS: disabling cell service
April 22, 1:48am

Re: Where to learn basic climbing skills?
If you're going to use a rope you'll want to learn to build proper anchors. There is also a gear requirement* (the rope, gear to attach you to it, gear to build the anchor, etc.) If you a...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn basic climbing skills?
April 19, 10:06am

Re: Clove
Also if you know how to clove, youll remember very easily how to munter ... Which is a critical skill on multipitch Yep, when tied on a carabiner the similarities are very obvious. For a clov...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 18, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knots
It always bugged me when one of my shoelace knots would rotate around to point fore-and-aft, rather than lying with ends tidily to each side. I finally figured out why when I found Ian's site,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 16, 11:39pm

Re: Re: Quick food hanging question.
Some bear photos for your amusement: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/backcountry/topics/119583.html (Sorry, I couldn't find any of a bear dive-bombing a bag.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quick food hanging question.
April 15, 9:06pm

Re: Torte vs. Tort
In my opinion, the best torte reform would be to replicate the chocolate Sachertorte, which can still be had at the Sacher Hotel in Vienna. A bit dry for my taste, even with the whipped cream, b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 8:38pm

Re: ovee and over...
My boss once said "I don't see what everyone has against gotos" Yes, a Real Programmer would make use of the COME FROM construct instead.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 11, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
On a side note, if you assume the R-value of 3.1 for the SynMat UL 7 is in the US units and work backwards: 31.81-((3.1/5.68)*36.36) = 11.97 (equivalent EN comfort value in degrees C) It sugges...

In GEAR » Complimenting sleep system
April 10, 2:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
Hi Sean, I'd point you to Richard Nisley as this goes outside my knowledge. I also have some uncertainty regarding the units. Specifically, I don't know if the sleeping pad values ment...

April 10, 2:28pm

Re: Complimenting sleep system
I'm still not clear on how the R value compliments the temp rating on bags. Specifically, how is the performance of the Versalite different with the Dowmat vs. the Synmat? The sleeping bag p...

April 07, 9:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.