BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 161 - 170 of 971 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...98

Forum » Thread

Anyone notice the name change?
I paid for my account, the freeloader with 9000 posts is the real thief. --G.B.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Anyone notice the name change?
May 05, 12:53pm

Because we have no admin access and requests to organize the forums are ignored. Having a BPL community forum would give the community some admins with access to make changes the membership woul...

May 05, 11:29am

If the community has to support it, we need to decide if we are supporting *this software*, or if we should have a new forum. BPL has decided not to support this outdated software. I thin...

May 05, 11:06am

Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
Plastic is forever, the cleanup cost is hidden. --G.B.--

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 04, 6:42pm

Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?
Sellers should post every lowball PM offer too, so people can be aware of the fun of selling on gear swap. We used to do this with cattle in the old days. I would buy a couple hundred head,...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?
May 03, 1:06pm

How to Get a Good Seal on Alcohol Fuel Bottles
Maybe find a good bottle and add a 1mL dropper to your kit?: fills a stove, recovers unused fuel, useful as a eye dropper, measure klearwater/aqua mira/bleach, etc. Some droppers have thread...

In GEAR » How to Get a Good Seal on Alcohol Fuel Bottles
May 01, 2:44pm

lifetime" membership
I think the BPL strategic planning committee created a new membership tier, a free lifetime forum member. Not sure how it works, but I think you get to use the forums and contribute to the blo...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » "lifetime" membership
April 30, 9:40pm

Aluminum
"During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, b...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 1L cook pot
April 30, 9:29pm

Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
I ran a Simple Handwriting Interrogation Tool (SHIT) analysis and came to similar conclusions.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
April 27, 12:59pm

Another spoon
about 30 grams in an ounce, and this is about a third of an ounce, so an 8-10 gram spoon. Sorry, I just have no appreciate of point anything ounces. Nice shape.

In GEAR » Another spoon
April 26, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am