Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger Caffin (rcaffin) - BPL Staff

My Locale Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
About Me Research Scientist. Been walking all my life, mainly off-track - we don't have 'trails' here, and I always go with my wife. Summer and winter, lowland and highland, Australia and Europe. Forced into UL gear by heavy packs and increasing age. :-)
Example Gear List at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/caffins_4_month_gear_list.html

BPL email: roger@backpackinglight.com
CitySydney
StateNSW
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://www.bushwalkingnsw.org.au/FAQ/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger Caffin

Showing 161 - 170 of 10218 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...1022

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
As the bit at the bottom says: 'Stop watching this' !! Cheers

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
February 28, 12:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trip Report Challenge
Hi Luke > My two resent trip reports are here I think you mean 'recent'? Not re - sent. Cheers

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 28, 12:12am

Re: Half of a Snow Peak Ozen ??
Very light bit of 3-ply? Varnished. Legs - bicycle spokes? Come on John: MYOG! Cheers

In Make Your Own Gear » Half of a Snow Peak Ozen ??
February 28, 12:09am

Re: Re: Down elasticity
> Thus we (on BPL at large) do not know where this limit is for down clusters, where > permanent deformation and irreparable/irreversible damage begins to occur. I respectfully beg to disa...

In GEAR » OK to leave down compressed for a long time?
February 28, 12:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS/FT New Arcteryx Squamish Jacket Size Large
Stephen is within the BPL rules. He said he would prefer to trade, but would look at offers to buy. That is quite acceptable. Cheers Roger Caffin Online Community Monitor backpacking Light

In Gear Swap » FS/FT New Arcteryx Squamish Jacket Size Large
February 27, 7:58pm

Re: 48 hours with the Ancients
Some of those pics are a bit mind bending! Cheers

In Post-Trip Reports » 48 hours with the Ancients
February 27, 6:25pm

Re: Revolution in waterproof fabric technology?
I am old and cynical. Well, cynical, anyhow. :-) I am sure it is revolutionary - at least in the minds of the company founders. OK, it's an interesting concept. But will it work - in the...

In On the Web » Revolution in waterproof fabric technology?
February 27, 4:56pm

Re: Fixed
> Advertisements for the past week or so have been rated G. > Many thanks to whoever fixed this. Ryan J fixed it. He just didn't bother mentioning it. Cheers

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
February 27, 4:43pm

Re: Using silnylon for quilt footbox?
> silnylon for the outer shell of the footbox to keep out condensation from the tent walls, Totally BAD idea. All you will achieve is tons of condensation of sweat from your feet on the inside...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using silnylon for quilt footbox?
February 27, 4:41pm

Re: Re: Post Support
Hi Bob > "almost its original volume" > Qualifiers like that worry me. That's after [b]an hour[/b]. Leave it for a day and see. Cheers

In GEAR » OK to leave down compressed for a long time?
February 27, 4:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger Caffin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Skinny Skis, Jacksons Hole XC Skis
My wife and I had to re-equip with new XC skis, NNN-BC bindings and boots this year. We found several companies which could supply the models we were looking for and ship overseas (to Australia), and ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 28, 3:08pm

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
I got a pair of the DTV boot socks in a BGT Test. I gave them hell for four months. It didn't seem to have had any effect on them. Roland B is a very helpful guy too.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 06, 3:53am

Coleman Exponent Xtreme Stove
I have been using the Xtreme in the snow for many years. I have never ever had any problems with it. It lights and runs completely reliably. It will run down to -26 C (-15 F) because the gas mix in t...

In Stoves - White Gas
October 24, 4:17pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I've used mine for ... many years now. I was initially irritated by the valve off position, but then I wondered: It is otherwise superbly made: what if the valve position is deliberate? Why would th...

In Stoves - Canister
December 29, 10:04pm