BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 161 - 170 of 287 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight Group Cooking: A crummy commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OWoG44VAw

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 03, 2:31pm

Re: Lots of bear scat, more than I have ever seen in the Sierra
Was it this guy? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=81220&skip_to_post=693234#693234

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lots of bear scat, more than I have ever seen in the Sierra
September 03, 2:23pm

Re: Lightweight, Chemical Free Bugshirt
I've had pretty good luck with my REI Sahara sun shirt. Use it with a head net and you're golden. Tested in Houston in the summer, and on the Little Bighorn river cutting trees. No bites...

In GEAR » Lightweight, Chemical Free Bugshirt
September 02, 5:46pm

Re: Shaming a hiker? ( high flame danger)
No. It's unethical to post a picture of anyone without their permission. And if you choose to post their picture, to claim they dropped a deuce and left it trailside is libel. Unless you hav...

In Chaff » Shaming a hiker? ( high flame danger)
August 31, 11:03pm

Re: Ssl certificate not valid
Yeah! Someone's going to break into my hard drive and eat all my cookies!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ssl certificate not valid
August 31, 10:35pm

Re: Alcohol Stoves Reconsidered
Good stuff, homie! Personally, I'm a big shaker-jet fan. My Whisperlite works great for boiling, which is all I ever do. I get cold easy, so when I want a hot meal or drink, I want it five m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves Reconsidered
August 28, 11:33pm

Re: "Into the Wild"
More drift... Longitude by Dava Sobel The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan Linked by Albert-Laszlo Barabasi Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet by Katie Hafner

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the Wild
August 22, 9:19pm

Re: lost and found
"I lost a SpotLit, and found a pair of underwear. PM me if you're missing a small gray thong." That's NASTY.

In GEAR » What piece of gear do you lose most often?
August 22, 9:11pm

Re: What piece of gear do you lose most often?
I'd have to say sunglasses. I'll put them on top of my hat, and next thing I know they're gone. But like ZZ-Top says, "Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses." But my best...

In GEAR » What piece of gear do you lose most often?
August 21, 8:51pm

Re: Crotchless Pants
Where's the dang 'Like' button?!

In Make Your Own Gear » Crotchless Pants
August 20, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.