Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 161 - 170 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 10.1oz SUL quilt (made by Aaron)
thanks a lot for that explanation, that definitely makes things clearer

In Make Your Own Gear » 10.1oz SUL quilt (made by Aaron)
May 25, 9:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You are correct
good to know, the Refuge X is really tempting me. I may spring for one when the next batch is released

In GEAR » Refuge X setup and questions
May 25, 8:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10.1oz SUL quilt (made by Aaron)
I know I am not explaining it well, sry :) I know that the insulation where it is stitched over will get compressed but wont the small bit of insulation between the edge of climashield and the s...

May 25, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You are correct
It seems from other shelters that silnylon (w/ its stretch) is a little more forgiving and the design can be a little off and you can still get the pitch taught. However, I still agree that the cu...

In GEAR » Refuge X setup and questions
May 25, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Re: 10.1oz SUL quilt (made by Aaron)
I am planning on making a roughly 30 degree quilt w/ 1 layer of 5 oz/sq yd climashield and momentum. I do not plan on using quilt loops, which it appears you did not use. 1 general quilt-making...

May 25, 6:36pm

Re: Sweet
An actual Great Western Loop would be pretty awesome. Anyway, I hope this bill gets passed or at least makes it out of committee. I don't see how there would be huge opposition because its n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pacific Northwest Trail National Scenic Trail designation
May 24, 4:34pm

Pacific Northwest Trail National Scenic Trail designation
A bill has been introduced that would give the Pacific Northwest Trail the National Scenic Trail status. As of May 5, it is in the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pacific Northwest Trail National Scenic Trail designation
May 24, 9:23am

Re: Thanks. Good info.
another interesting link from thru-hiker.com showing stove and fuel weights over 14 days (http://thru-hiker.com/articles/stoveweight_vs_time_14days.php) and 28 days (http://thru-hiker.com/articles/...

In Philmont » CANISTERS VS WHITE GAS
May 20, 2:15pm

rain jackets
Has anybody had a good experience with the GoLite Phantom? It is on sale at Prolite Gear for $150 (link). The reader reviews seem to really like it.

In GEAR » Rain/wind shells
May 19, 7:26pm

Re: Canisters vs White Gas
I would certainly bring canister stoves on your Philmont trip. When I went to Philmont, my crew brought white gas but they were a pain to start and they were not reliable. A canister stove system...

In Philmont » CANISTERS VS WHITE GAS
May 19, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am