BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 161 - 170 of 902 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...91

Forum » Thread

hold it on with a rubber band?
What about this - a piece of wire, folded in half, bent to sit in the flame at top, running straight down the side of the canister. A rubber band holds it tight to the canister. You wouldn't ha...

In Philosophy & Technique » cold weather performance upright canister
December 06, 4:28pm

Re: 8-Sided Winter Tipi
To me one issue would be floor shape and the usability of an octagon versus a square. I think a better approach might be to do a square pyramid, but with some variations from the usual construction...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8-Sided Winter Tipi
December 03, 9:46pm

Re: Most convenient entry and light, bug bivy and shelter system?
For myself, if it's a refuge from the bloodthirsty hordes that I need, I want it bigger than a bivy.

In GEAR » Most convenient entry and light, bug bivy and shelter system?
December 02, 9:13pm

Re: Re: interesting statistics for camping in America...
I took a look through the published survey results, which I downloaded from the Outdoor Foundation's website. From their methodology section: "Youth interviews All interviews of childr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » interesting statistics for backpacking in America...
December 01, 3:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
The link posted above is for some pretty heavy stuff, you might want to look for lighter than that

In Winter Hiking » Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
November 30, 4:57pm

Re: Pack Design Question
For years I've made all my packs using one piece of fabric for the front (as in the face that contacts your back) and the bottom, with that fabric wrapping up a few inches of the back. I've...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pack Design Question
November 30, 4:55pm

Re: Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
The issue I had with polycro on snow was that it slid around so much and was hard to get laid out and to keep it in one place - way more so than polyethylene. just a pain to deal with. Tyvek would...

In Winter Hiking » Ground cover for use with Duomid in winter conditions
November 29, 1:03pm

Re: MYOG Freestanding Hooped Bivy
Could you tell us how long the Delrin rod is and how much it weighs?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Freestanding Hooped Bivy
November 28, 10:42pm

Re: Packaging Food
Samuel - I'd like to second Tom's request for menus and/or weights of food you take. Either you are achieving higher caloric density than I get from my usual foods/packaging, or you're ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Simplifying Expedition Food With Single Serving Sized Packages
November 26, 11:56am

heating vs. cooling
Seems like there is a significant difference in modes of heating and cooling the body, due primarily to the vasoconstriction that the body uses to conserve heat in the core. To wit: if I am hot I c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting warm, staying warm, & vice versa
November 25, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.