BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 161 - 170 of 230 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Day has past but the Dawn is still here
The "Day " pack is sold but the Dawn is available at a lower price. "Yet what from yonder window breaks? Tis the Dawn at a new low price."

In Gear Swap » FS:Golite "Dawn" and "Day" Packs
February 21, 4:14pm

Size of Day Pack
I measure it to be 9.5 in wide, 24"tall, 5-6 " thick and a 4" extension collar. I added a sleeve to hold a closed cell foam pad in place. Without a pad it weighs 14.6 oz.. It does ...

February 18, 4:21pm

FS:Golite "Dawn" and "Day" Packs
I would like to sell two packs that are no longer offered by Golite. A Dawn size Large REg. $80 sell for $45 with shipping in CONUS. used a few times great condition. Golite "Day" pack ...

February 18, 2:30pm

PM sent
PM sent to buy tarptent

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Squall Classic + BD BetaLight
February 11, 4:43pm

tent and vestibule available elsewhre
I had to put the tent and vestibule up for sale on a well know online auction website that starts with eee and ends with bay. The bidding ends Sunday 2/7. Thanks for looking

In Gear Swap » FS: BD FIRSTLIGHT W/ Vestibule
February 04, 8:17pm

Lowering price
Willing to take $210 including shipping.

February 01, 3:23pm

Try a Golf Ball retreiver
I have used the pole from a golf ball retreiver (the long poles with a cup at the end for getting you ball out of the pond). They are telescoping and adjustable. You can cut them down to make the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to find Mid Pole?
January 29, 5:13pm

Lightened External Frame
After reading Roger Caffin's articles about the virtues of an "H" frame, I was happy to find a garage sale Jansport pack that I could hack up with no guilt if the project failed. I w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightened External Frame
January 29, 3:28pm

FS: BD FIRSTLIGHT W/ Vestibule
I have a Black Diamond Firstlight 2 person Single wall tent for sale. Made with Epic fabric. Includes Silnylon Vestibule. Easton DAT Alum. Poles and BD stakes. Seam sealed. I have used it 7-8 n...

January 29, 1:33pm

I like the Old Backpacker Mag!
Gee, long articles of great adventures by normal folks, environmental issues, solid photography, gear reviews, big leather boots...OK, the boots I can now live without. But isn't the mag more ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skiing the JMT
January 21, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.