Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Thomas Burns (nerdboy52) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
About Me English professor at Ohio Wesleyan University, Director of Perkins Observatory

Words to live by: "Alas, poor Yogi. I knew him, Horatio. He was a bear of infinite appetite. So they shot him."

More words to live by: "Yeah, I'm a nerd. Want to make something of it . . . punk?" ;vD

Even more words to live by:
Solvitur ambulando.
"it is solved by walking."
St. Augustine
CityColumbus
StateOH
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListShoulder season gear list 2

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Burns

Showing 161 - 170 of 823 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...83

Forum » Thread

Willing (also subscribed)
I, too, am interested in giving the stuff a try. Looks comfortable and light. Perhaps it could be used rolled up as a BP frame or if it's made foldable, it could be used in the back slots of a...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2oz pad
June 22, 4:28am

How about a trade?
I also would like a pole that would be easy to put in my backpack and not hit every tree that I walk under. I have a practically brand-new set of the TiGoat poles, but I only regularly carry one of...

In GEAR » Trekking pole quandary
June 21, 6:40pm

Costs
Okay. Assembly looks pretty nominal, and Doug has it covered here already, but I'll try to add a point or two. Costs: Poles from TiGoat: $60, including shipping Cuben seat: $25, includi...

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 20, 9:21am

Stool-o-rama
Decided to put my money where my mouth was and order the parts from Chris and TiGoat and try my hand at assembling the stool. Thanks to Doug for his untiring help thus far! Stargazer

June 20, 9:05am

NM
NM

In Gear Swap » FS: Zpacks Hexamid Twin w/ Beak
June 16, 4:34am

Ticks and skeeters
Ticks do take a while to croak, but I've never had one attach when my clothes were treated with Permethrin. Mosquitos are another question. I once stopped in a 'skeeter-infested area an...

In GEAR » Permethrin and tents
June 15, 1:14pm

I want one of those stools!
Me too! Stargazer

June 15, 12:34pm

Tasty and energizing, too!
>why not try chocolate covered espresso beans Oh, mama, what a good idea! Addictedly, Stargazer P.S.On another matter, I'd want to hold the crushed beans under my lip a while to...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 12:32pm

Chew the beans
Patrick, Don't read this one. ;-) For the rest of the coffee addicts (like me) out there: Emile Zola used to compliment his late-night writing sessions by chewing and sucking on coffee...

June 15, 9:22am

Alternates
Good point. Come to think of it Peanut Butter Toffee Buzz Cliff bars have quite a caffeine kick to them. Stargazer

June 15, 8:10am

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Burns

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
>I think I'll stick with my Wal-Mart water wing pillow, which is about a third the price, a little lighter, and just as comfy if wrapped in my fleece jacket. Yo, Michael. Always looking for ...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 11, 11:18am

Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak
Ditto to the above review. I added a top compression cord by tying a short length of cord to the upper drawcord, looping it over the top, and connecting it to the lifting strap loop with a small carab...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 6:13am