Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nelridge (naturephoto1) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Eastern Pennsylvania
About Me Fine Art Photographer specializing in Nature, Landscape, and Wildlife. Most of the work is sold through Art Shows, but I am looking for Gallery representation. Graduate degrees in Geology and Zoology/Biology/Ecology.
CityBreinigsville
StatePennsylvania
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.nelridge.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nelridge

Showing 161 - 170 of 422 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...43

Forum » Thread

stove to melt snow
message deleted

In GEAR » stove to melt snow
November 06, 2:04pm

Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
Though I have had no experience with them, the Integral Designs Primaloft sleeping bags have a very good reputation. Rich

In GEAR » Lightweight 3-season synthetic bag?
November 06, 8:28am

Coleman Xtreme Stove fuel canisters
Stephen, I think that REI stores carry the Powermax cannisters. If one is in your area, you may want to give them a call. If in NJ, Campmor carries at least the larger cannisters. Buy a reaso...

November 06, 8:13am

Outdoor Research WindPro Alpine Hat
The Outdoor Research WindPro Alpine Hat might also be something to consider. My medium weighs about 1.6 oz. Rich

In GEAR » Beenie/Hat for the winter?
November 06, 7:47am

Coleman Xtreme Stove
The Coleman Xtreme Stove is mostly made of a Magnesium alloy (quite light and strong for its size and design and support). Mine weighs 11 oz (stuff sack adds 1 additional oz) but other remote cani...

November 06, 5:56am

stove to melt snow
Vick, As I recall the 3 Coleman Exponent Stoves are the only Liquid Feed Gas stoves. The Xtreme (have yet to use mine, but will this winter)which most of us use for cold weather (including melt...

November 05, 5:56pm

Winter experience
Kevin, Good to know that I can continue to count on another photographer (or former outdoor photographer). Rich

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 05, 3:27pm

Lack of Winter Camping experience
Kevin, I admit having little or no winter camping experience. However, I agree regarding the food, and that was why I said 1.5- 2 lbs per day, certainly feel 2 lbs is much more appropriate. Ho...

November 05, 3:12pm

Food
I would not recommend only 17 oz of food a day in weather conditions around 0 degrees F. I would definitely lean more toward 1.5 to 2 lbs a day.

November 05, 1:32pm

Red M
Paul, Consider though that we that have been with the forum since its inception, earlier members, and earlier buyers are much like initial investors in a business. I know for my part and I beli...

In GEAR » Not a Gear Question But...
November 04, 7:38am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nelridge

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

AntiGravityGear (AGG) Customer service
Having just purchased one of the new BPL FireLite 550 Ti Pots I was interested in the Caldera Cone Stove for the pot along with the Antigravity Gear Caldera Kitchen. Trail Designs maker of the Calder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 23, 11:11am

Feathered Friends Rock Wren II (P-BPHAL shell, no longer made)
I have a Feathered Friends Lark with P-BHAL shell. I have liked the bag very much. When I called Feathered Friends and discussed the bag with them years later(and possibly when I ordered my Feathe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 20, 12:49pm