BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 161 - 170 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Murmur
The nightlite will fit yes. So will a zrest short if you cut off 2 of the frames (or more). I was very hesitant when I first ordered the murmur about the pad pocket but I was a big fan after usin...

In GEAR » GG Murmur
March 03, 8:28pm

Re: LNT
Hasn't anyone heard of the No.1 rule at the bar (and anywhere else)? Religion and politics doesn't make friends or for enjoyable conversation. I would be interested in hearing about any...

In GEAR » Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
March 03, 8:19pm

Re: LNT
I'm sorry if this is misplaced or off handed but "I guess I picked up on the kitchen sink from reading too many ideas about "Leave No Trace" and needing to wash stuff far away...

In Gear Lists » 3 season multi-day gear list
February 28, 10:27pm

Re: Rain Jacket
Golite has a 7oz 'Malpais' rain jacket if you haven't seen/heard about it. What you go w/ will depend on your needs and how you treat the item. I like a DWR wind shirt + umbrella b/c ...

In GEAR » Rain jacket
February 28, 9:51pm

Re: Perimeter Netting
I have a wild oasis and the last place I used it w/ rain was Olympic NP. The netting would sort of collect water in the eyelets of the netting but it was never an issue. We got snow/rain everyday...

In GEAR » Perimeter netting in rain?
February 27, 10:20pm

Re: Solo?
If your tarp is the hexamid solo it should pack down to about the size of a softball. Little bit more of a conical shape tho. Seam sealed and with guylines mine weighs in at 102g as well.

In GEAR » New cuben fiber tarp
February 27, 3:49pm

Re:
I know you already addressed dropping the R1 depending on weather but I'd also take a look at axing the Cap 3s if its going to be mild/nice. And if it were me I'd get rid of the knife, fir...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Late March Roan Mtn Area Hike
February 27, 3:27pm

Re:
I'm a big proponent of no treating. Obviously there are situations where treating water is necessary or just the logical choice. My argument for going without is mostly based off evolutionary...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 24, 1:01pm

Re: Thanks
+1 on Ike's comment. Won't be getting anything done for a while...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What are your favorite backpacking blogs?
February 24, 10:05am

Re:
Glad that the jams were sold out by the time I got the email this afternoon from clymb. At $50 I would of just bought it bc of how awesome the price was...

In Gear Deals » GoLite at the Clymb
February 14, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.