BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 161 - 170 of 356 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...36

Forum » Thread

PM's sent
all emails responded to......

In Gear Swap » FS LightheartGear Cuben SoLong 6 Tent w/awning
July 22, 10:06pm

Awning
BTW, I was asked if the tent can be set up without an awning pole. The tent can also be set up in storm mode with both sides set down to stop blowing rain. This tent is extremely stable...

July 22, 8:14pm

FS LightheartGear Cuben SoLong 6 Tent w/awning
I hate to part with it but I need to fix my car or I can't backpack!!! This is the best tent I have ever used, bar none. This model uses green Cuben for the sides and white Cuben for the floor....

July 22, 1:19pm

patent tag
A metal tag that say when the bag was patented tells nothing about if this was one of the first bags or not. I'm sure all bags that were made at that time had the same tag on them. They probabl...

In Gear Deals » Pack for sale, only $59,750.00
July 08, 7:39am

Lightheart Gear Tent
yes it is!! Check them out at Lightheartgear.com The silnylon version of the SoLong6 is a deal at $280 or so, I just wanted the Cuben fiber!!

In Gear Swap » Any interest in a rare Garuda Jalan Jalan Tent?
July 08, 7:32am

Tent in picture
The other tent in the picture is my Lightheart Gear Solong6 in Cuben. I have been using it for trips with my girlfriend who is 5'11" 200# and we both fit in with room left at head and feet...

July 03, 8:04pm

Sold for $370 on Ebay
I was asking for $200 Can't believe I sold this tent for $370 plus shipping to a gentleman in Japan!!!! It only cost $365 new!!

July 01, 4:50pm

off to eBay bump
Garuda tent is now listed on eBay

June 24, 8:59pm

Bump before eBay
Bump before it goes to ebay. First offer over $200 gets a one person, near perfect, singlewall, waterproof breathable, rare Garuda tent.

June 19, 9:30am

Seam sealing
When I purchased the tent, it had never been seam sealed and was like new. I sealed it myself. It is not an easy tent to seam seal, but I took my time and have not had any issues in the rain. It i...

June 17, 7:18pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am