BPL Community Profile

Michael Duke (mpd1690) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Duke hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Duke has not added a biography yet.
CityKnoxville
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67046387@N04/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Duke

Showing 161 - 170 of 462 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reinforcing cuben with sil-nylon?
Plain mylar would not offer that much support. It stretches and doesn't heal. I have some TX07 and it has little to no stretch. PET:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_terephthalate ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinforcing cuben with sil-nylon?
May 01, 10:06am

Re: Re: Re: Reinforcing cuben with sil-nylon?
I don't see any problem with that. To my understanding, the problem with stretch vs no stretch with cuben is that the nylon would not offer as much reinforcement due to the stretch. I think...

May 01, 9:55am

Re: Re: Re: Reinforcing cuben with sil-nylon?
Polyester has minimal stretch. I suppose if you pull on the bias, you will get stretch with any purely woven. Dimension Polyant materials will work. The PET film eliminates stretch.

May 01, 9:48am

Re: Reinforcing cuben with sil-nylon?
What materials do you have? Any polyester will work.

May 01, 9:39am

Re: Well,
You could get a Z-lite or ridgerest. Cheap and insulate pretty well without having any dangers or deflation.

In GEAR » Should I upgrade sleeping pad before buying a quilt?
April 29, 11:08am

Re: re: pants
It is amazing. I like your pattern as well. Nice looking pants Jerry! Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » 8d for ultralight shorts?
April 25, 4:30pm

Re: Re: re: pants
Thanks Jerry, I understand pants patterns and all that. When I said shape up, I meant how you like supplex for pants haha. Quite confusing I know. So, how have you liked the material for pant...

April 25, 1:48pm

Re: Re: 8d for ultralight shorts?
Hey Jerry, could you post a picture of your supplex pants and shorts? I was thinking about making some out of that material, but I wanted to know what the material was like. I have a sample of it, ...

April 25, 10:45am

Re: Hazel Creek
I have never made it that far into NC, but on the Tennessee side, I've never really had a problem with bugs. Longlegs always are around though. I was in the Big Creek area two weeks ago, and ha...

In GEAR » Smokies on May 10, Bivy or Net Tent
April 24, 9:05am

Re: gg
It just looks like 1 inch or so elastic. I haven't seen the pack though, so I am not sure. Elastic will work fine.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pack pocket top elastics
April 13, 12:51am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Duke

Michael Duke has posted no reviews.