BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 161 - 170 of 1406 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...141

Forum » Thread

Cloudraker mitts order one size down; Seam sealing? T2 temp range
The Cloudraker mitts are oversized by a full size, so order down one size. I was looking for very lightweight and cheap rain mitts like this for a long time. They offer excellent coverage. Is...

In Gear Deals » MEC T2 Hoodie Group Buy - ROUND 2
February 14, 9:25pm

Anyone live close to a MEC store in Canada?
Heard these MEC Cloudraker lightweight rain mitts Konrad found run a size large, wife looking for XS, and XS is only available at local MEC stores, but MEC stores won't ship to the U.S. (only w...

In Gear Deals » Anyone live close to a MEC store in Canada?
February 04, 8:31pm

Ranking puff pants; Patagonia DAS synthetic pants
What about the new Patagonia DAS synthetic pants, with side zips, 100 Primaloft One, similar to the previous Micropuff Pants? Can anyone who has tried all or most of the available models rank va...

In GEAR » Which down pants to extend my backpacking season?
January 30, 11:17pm

Thank you Ken, volunteers & cottage makers; Pics
Copying these pics over from another thread by Tony's request. Tony, always a pleasure to see you and have always enjoyed your trip reports. Thank you Ken, Ranger Jen, all the volunteers, c...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 29, 9:48pm

cheap VBL socks and gloves; puffies a must; SOL bivvy and Bothy
Don't forget cheap VBL items for your hands and feet - your extremities can get very cold in a survival situation, not just because of the cold and exposure but also from adrenaline keeping blo...

In GEAR » winter emergency gear
January 29, 9:41pm

nice guy, looking forward to great products from this collaboration
Met him briefly at the GGG this past weekend. Seemed like a very nice and down to earth guy. I didn't even realize he was Brian from ULA! Anyway looking forward to great things from this col...

In GEAR » Brian Frankle Joins Six Moon Designs
January 29, 8:00pm

More pics in original GGG 5.0 thread; Nice photo
Nice photo. I just posted more pics in the original thread: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/t...

In Post-Trip Reports » GGG 5.0
January 27, 3:28pm

Thank you Ken, volunteers & cottage makers; Pics
Thank you Ken, Ranger Jen, all the volunteers, cottage makers/reps Ron and crew from Six Moon Designs, Henry from TarpTent, Grant and crew from Gossamer Gear, Kat P. from Mountaingoat Hats and Good...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 27, 2:47pm

Another 2 spots tonight for anyone who needs them
Me and the Ms. can't wait to roll in soon today, but unable to stay the night, so our 2 paid spots are open for anyone who wants/needs them.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 26, 11:29am

Why do you think SLX is better than E-nrg?
Don, why do you think SLX is better than E-nrg based on the contents (MSDS)? Dan, you make a good point. Though outdoors, you usually need a windscreen to save time and fuel, and when using a w...

In GEAR » U.S. denatured etoh for stove use?
January 03, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm