BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 161 - 170 of 1481 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...149

Forum » Thread

Ryan which 2L HE Pot do you recommend for 2P cooking in winter?
I've long thought wide hard anodized HE pots were worth it for winter over similarly sized Ti. Ryan given your results which 2P size HE pot would you choose for winter? It would be great ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 2: Considering Fuel Needs for Cold Temperatures
December 06, 12:49am

Weight of Primus Eta Power 3L? Old Eta Power Pots
Thank you for the helpful overview. What's the weight of the Primus Eta Power 3L without the lid or pot grabber, and what's the diameter and the height (with and without the heat exchanger...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 2: Considering Fuel Needs for Cold Temperatures
December 06, 12:43am

Anyone try the Flatcatgear Focus Fire 14 and anyone try it in a TD Caldera Cone?
How does the Focus Fire 14 perform for you? Anyone try it in a TD Caldera Cone?

In GEAR » Most efficient/least residue Esbit stove?
December 06, 12:35am

Great lineup
Great lineup. It's just getting better and better. Me and Ms. EJ are really looking forward.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 06, 12:30am

Thanks Ike and Eric
Thanks Ike, backs up what I heard. And thanks Eric, that should be a fun experiment.

In GEAR » How much of a benefit does the TD Ti Tri Inferno insert provide for wood burning?
December 06, 12:19am

SOLD: Smartwool Men’s Large Synergy Merino Expedition Long Johns/Running Tights
SOLD: Smartwool Men’s Large Synergy Merino Expedition Long Johns/Running Tights

In Gear Swap » FS: MASSIVE SALE: Snow Peak & Evernew Ti, SMD, OR, MEC, Patagonia, Golite, Granite Gear, Arcteryx, Smartwool, Suunto, Packa, The North Face, Hind, Sugoi, Lowe Alpine, Pearl Izumi
December 06, 12:12am

How much of a benefit does the TD Ti Tri Inferno insert provide for wood burning?
I understand the mechanism, but how much of a benefit does the Inferno insert provide? Has anyone tried the Ti Tri with wood, with and without the Inferno? Want to be able to burn wood only to ...

In GEAR » How much of a benefit does the TD Ti Tri Inferno insert provide for wood burning?
December 05, 12:17am

Epicurean for cones; Flatcatgear Focus Fire 14
Thanks Robert, saw it recently. Does it perform well in any cone? I would assume so as it was made to work with the Flat Cat Bobcat and other wrap stoves. Got an email from Jon at Flatcatgear ...

December 04, 11:40pm

not removable?
Thought they were removable. They look like they pop right out from the photo.

In GEAR » Does anyone use their Caldera Cone w/alcohol or esbit for 2P, and if so, what's your setup?
December 04, 11:37pm

Most efficient/least residue Esbit stove?
Currently which Esbit stove provides the most efficient burn and least residue inside Caldera Cones and windscreens? The latest Zelph Esbit stove seen on the forums not long ago?

December 04, 11:23pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm