Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Peichel (momo) - BPL Guest

My Locale Eureka
About Me Chris Peichel has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Peichel

Showing 161 - 170 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

fabrics and weight limits
Tim, look on warbonnetoutdoors.com, on the page for his traveller hammocks he lists fabric options and the weight limits for those fabrics. He also lists the 'flatness' weight limit (max w...

In Hammocks » Fabrics and weight capacities...
August 23, 6:11pm

re: dirt bag budget
I ordered some of the 1" polyester webbing from BWDD, it is rated at 3000#'s!!! It has the look and feel of heavy seatbelt webbing. I was unable to sew it, it is waaaay too heavy. I ended ...

In Hammocks » Hammocks
August 20, 8:54pm

dirtbag budget
Daniel I think you could keep hammock cost down to pretty cheap if you want to make your own. Check out backwoodsdaydreamer.com - he has 1.1 oz ripstop for $3.00/ yd in camo (68" wide) and ...

In Hammocks » Hammocks
August 19, 6:22pm

Sleeping in a hammock
I toss and turn a bit sleeping, but I will say I slept better and moved around less in a hammock then in my bed, and not because I felt constricted. Laying on a diagonal in a hammock I can pretty e...

In Hammocks » Hammocks... For Log Sleepers Only?
August 17, 7:39pm

UQ - full length or 2/3 ?
Thanks BPL for the Hammock Forum! I am a fairly new to hammocks, just made a 1.1 single layer; 7/64 amsteel whoopies, poly tree straps, structural/ adjustable 7/64 ridgeline, removable bug net, ...

In Hammocks » UQ - full length or 2/3 ?
August 17, 8:13am

UQ
Ken, Thanks, that would be great, I would love to see your quilt. Give me a call. I appreciate it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Baffle height for UQ?
August 15, 10:17pm

Baffle height for UQ
Thanks Philip, That makes sense, I think I am leaning towards a sewn-thru. The reasons I like down are it's compressibility, long life, and it just feels good. And I want some practice working...

August 15, 8:36pm

Baffle height for UQ?
I am trying to figure what height baffles I should use to make a down underquilt in the 35-40 deg range. I plan on overstuffing to prevent voids in the down. What do you think the overall loft s...

August 15, 7:31pm

MYOG hammock tarp and bug net
Ken, I don't think I can get a sat/sun off till september. I wanted to thank you for the extra motivation, you have made some great gear. You really got me thinking about a hammock, and man do...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG hammock tarp and bug net
August 12, 10:24pm

MYOG hammock tarp and bug net
This myog bug is dangerous. I made a gathered end hammock with whoopie slings/ tree straps, a removable bug net and a 5x9 tarp. I loaded it all up and got out for two days. Finally got a chance to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG hammock tarp and bug net
August 12, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Peichel

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Helios jacket epic fabric
I have the helios jacket with the epic fabric, ff says 15oz (I need to buy a scale). I have had this jacket for almost 2yrs. This jacket fits me great, sizes run a little snug so try on if possible or...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 10, 9:56pm