BPL Community Profile

Miles Barger (milesbarger) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale West Virginia
About Me I was a guide for many years in Yellowstone, Denali, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Moved to Eugene, Oregon, for my Master's and got a good taste of the PNW. Now I'm in West Virginia making maps for all of our wonderful national parks with the NPS Publications program at Harpers Ferry Center.
CityCharles Town
StateWest Virginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://milesbarger.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miles Barger

Showing 161 - 170 of 290 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

I bought (The) One
*Raises hand*

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear "The One" Video
February 15, 8:40pm

Thanks
Thank you guys for the heads up! This is an awesome deal and should make a great shoe for the summer.

In Gear Deals » Montrail Hardrock - $51.97
February 11, 5:07pm

3 Days
I did 35 miles over the course of 2.5 days/2 nights in Yellowstone in my Revelation. My load was sub-4, 8 pounds total with beginning food and water, so I had plenty of space. I could have fit an...

In GEAR » How long of a hike have you used the Revelation or Whisper for?
February 01, 1:34am

SOUTH
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but I thought it might be of interest to some of you. SOUTH homepage "SOUTH will be the first return journey to the South Pole on fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SOUTH
January 21, 2:39pm

Hardshell for Guiding in Denali
I'm going to be guiding hikes in Denali National Park all summer. This will be my first hiking season in interior Alaska as well as the first time my gear will be getting used every day, so I&...

In GEAR » Hardshell for Guiding in Denali
January 17, 12:51am

ULA Arctic Dry Pack
I purchased the Arctic Dry Pack; the deal was just way too good to pass up. I'm going to be guiding all summer in Denali and am hoping this pack will serve me well.

In Gear Deals » BPL Holiday Sale
December 27, 5:01pm

First impressions
Guess what came in the mail today? (One of the many benefits of living in Yellowstone National Park is getting mail from Titanium Goat and BPL in two days.) The poles seem great so far. The adj...

In GEAR » Adjustable Titanium Goat Pole
June 29, 8:22pm

FS: Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover + Pants
Pullover: Black, size Medium. 12 ounces. Includes original stuffsack. Used on a small number of trips and in like new condition. $90 shipped to lower 48. Pants: Black, size Medium. 14 oun...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover + Pants
June 29, 8:07pm

Lead by Example
I work in the Tower Backcountry Office in Yellowstone National Park, I'm an ultralight hiker, and I try to spread the good word as best I can. While some people are certainly stubborn, many ...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
June 28, 7:32pm

Cocoon sizing
My hoody and pants arrived, too. Wonderful quality and luxurious materials. As for sizing: I ordered a medium. I'm 5'11" (short torso, long arms, long legs) and 145lbs. Both ite...

In GEAR » My Cocoon order arrived!
June 20, 10:47am

All Reader Reviews by Miles Barger

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Peak Shell
I was a guide in Denali NP during the summer of 2008. It rained almost every day for all of July and the first week of August this year, and I was out in it all day, every day. My MontBell Peak She...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 14, 10:59am

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
I bought two pair of Darn Tough's 1/4 Mesh Merino socks in size Large on closeout at an internet retailer. After wearing one pair for a short, 8-mile hike, a hole formed by the big toe on my righ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 02, 5:51pm

Bent Gate Moutaineering Customer Service
Bent Gate Mountaineering I ordered a Western Mountaineering Summerlite from them. The price was very good, the item shipped quickly, and the bag arrived just...

February 19, 12:11pm

ULA Equipment
This review is really a 4.5. Brian has always thoughtfully and informatively responded to my emails. His products are absolutely top notch, and I have no doubt that he would stand firmly behind hi...

February 18, 12:21pm

Marmot Ion
Man, what a disappointment. I, too, got stuck with the Campmor version of the Ion. I'm quite thin and short-waisted, so the Ion's athletic cut and short length were great for me. The fit of...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 18, 12:15pm

Gossamer Gear
I've ordered a handful of pads and small items from Gossamer Gear. The products have always shipped out the next day, I've been kept up to date with good emails, and things have always arrive...

February 18, 12:10pm

ULA H2O Amigo
I've owned the H20 Amigo for about one year, with most of my use concentrated in Yellowstone and the Tetons during the summer of 2006. When I'm by myself, I tend to stick to AquaMira becaus...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 18, 12:06pm

Grand Prairie Knives Customer Service
Grand Prairie Knives I bought a Gerber Microlight LST from the site. The price was great. I entered an incorrect digit when putting in my credit card info. ...

February 17, 2:53pm