BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 161 - 170 of 266 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Is solid Zerconium Oxide blade a good or bad idea for a bush knife??
the Ebay link is here; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130779879994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_7531wt_1241 The blade length of 8.4cm is from the pivot and is not the wh...

In GEAR » Is solid Zerconium Oxide blade a good or bad idea for a bush knife??
November 18, 9:46pm

I like your idea
Not bad at all especially if you have multi add-ons. My spoon is a party plastic spoon weighing in at 5.something grams. So my toothbrush + paste + spoon comes to 16.something grams very close ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
November 09, 10:46pm

I am a little worried about some of the responses
Interesting how some of you forgo some of the basic hygiene and personal grooming whilst out in the wilderness. I guess you can say you'd 'feel' closer to nature this way and if that...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
November 09, 2:32pm

My question is, Where do you carry items like your tent, water bottles and frequently used items?
Tent; Inside and centre (helps with stiffening of the load carried) Water Bottle; Outside side pockets where I can reach them Frequently used items; Hip pockets for camera/phone, nibblies and pan...

In GEAR » Pack Pockets Yes or No?
November 06, 3:44am

Re: Re: Re: Pack Cover Vs Pack Liner
You said that pack covers have been proven unreliable as water trickles down your back and still soaks the pack. It's settled then....compactor trash bag it is then :)

In GEAR » Pack Cover Vs Pack Liner
November 04, 4:26am

Re: Re: Pack Cover Vs Pack Liner
I didn't even think of the pack being heavier with the soaking of the water. To be honest though all our trips have been a day's walk back to safety so if the weather turned nasty we'd ...

November 04, 4:22am

Pack Cover Vs Pack Liner
I am currently using a pack cover that weighs in at 117g (4.12ounces). I know it's not the absolute lightest but it was cheap. Now I just measure our home rubbish bin bags we use and they seem ...

November 04, 3:13am

here is the picture
It's basically a $2 travel pack toothbrush from the drug store/chemist. I just cut away all the useless bits but am kind of thinking that a cut down child's brush might be about the sam...

November 02, 5:02pm

Zephyr 1 Hike Tent
Only used on 1 outing consisting of 2 nights. I didn't like the front entry design when outdoors so bought a TT Rainbow. Here is the manufacturer's info; Do you like to travel light yet...

In Gear Swap » Zephyr 1 Hike Tent
November 02, 7:35am

pics to come
I have tried to upload images before to BPL with zero luck. Will take some pics and get back to you hopefully will be able to do so. But in the mean time it is basically a cut down toothbrush modif...

October 30, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am