BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 161 - 170 of 369 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

esbit burn efficiency
I noticed with the modified gram cracker stove I built that you can't have a 'deep' tray as that slows the burn too much. I'm going to have a go at making another gram cracker stove...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 22 Gram Esbit Kit
August 06, 8:42pm

ta Dan
I will get back to you in a day or so Dan, ta mate :). One thing with the esbit efficiency is that as the esbit burns it looses height and thus the burn power is affected. I am noticing that a f...

August 06, 7:32pm

can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
Hi, Firstly I need to stress I am really time-poor and haven't got the time it takes to research the available products so I am asking for your expertise. I am looking for a down jacket/...

In GEAR » can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
August 06, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Re: pot stand and pot height
Woop woop I got my first boil then back to back boils :)....now to work on efficiency. I did away with Ti pot stand I posted picture of before and made one of a coat hanger and made 50mm height....

August 06, 9:25am

Hi Dan
Hi Dan, I sent you a PM regarding if you are sending the fosters pots overseas. I am in Australia and am wondering if you'd send one to me? Ta. Mik :)

August 06, 9:20am

all good
I'm 85kg (roughly 193 ponds) and am 6'4" so the fit will be good. Can you get back to me with a total cost to ship to Brisbane, QLD, Australia 4132 and if you are happy to go through p...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Hadron hooded down anorak (L)
August 06, 4:31am

to check size....
Hi, what is your height and weight and for your measurements how does it fit. And would you send it to Australia? Thank you. Mik.

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Hadron hooded down anorak (L)
August 05, 5:48am

Re: Re: Re: chemicals...
"Iodine requires about 30 minutes of time to kill everything in your bottle." this might be the case for say at 20degrees celcius but certainly not for say zero degrees celcius. the co...

In GEAR » water conundrum
August 05, 5:37am

a bit weird
If I got asked by a complete stranger to hop in their tent I'd find it a bit awkward. I mean if it is for survival then yeah for sure but not for just the heck of it. Even my 2 other best mates...

In GEAR » Sharing space?
August 04, 6:51pm

Re: "fuel for MSR pocket rocket"
It is just a marketing thing for MSR to sell their fuel and make more money rather than a competitor.

In GEAR » fuel for MSR pocket rocket
August 03, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am