Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 161 - 170 of 383 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...39

Forum » Thread

my mistake
I appologise it seems I made a mistake regarding the pricing. At around $400 I might actually order one myself :) Edit: I think the $435 leaves out the stakes, stuff sack, groundsheet and tent p...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 12, 3:13pm

do you consider cost?
Hi again Jason, I just priced up the Long hexamid and to save about 300grams (10 ounces) on my TT Rainbow I'd have to spend a few hundred dollars more. Now for a UL shelter the $700 mark (and t...

August 12, 5:51am

Re: "Medium Light" explained (rationalized)
Someone mentioned about comfort. I went from 20kg base weight to 6.4kg and I am actually taking more satuff now!! The only thing that I dropped in comfort is the BIG blow up bed (probably weighe...

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 6:04pm

never used one
Mine didn't come with the starter. We've used Bic lighters that we carry for all fire starting issues.

In GEAR » Jetboil sol piezo igniter
August 11, 3:40pm

what is the baseweight for this trip?
We are planning a 6 day trek in 3 season weather not bellow freezing and I am wondering what is the base weight that the BPL-ers consider SUL, UL and normal weight for a trip like this? Thanks f...

In Gear Lists » what is the baseweight for this trip?
August 11, 2:47am

tiny container?
Are you asking about the gram cracker or the Esbit burner/pot stand?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 22 Gram Esbit Kit
August 10, 1:22am

Re: Re: Hooded down jackets
Well after all that I bought the Stoick Hooded Hadron off another BPL-er. I figured I can include it as one of my 'layers' see how that goes. I bought another jacket a week earlier off anot...

In GEAR » can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
August 10, 1:02am

payment through
Hi Matt, Payment done. :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Hadron hooded down anorak (L)
August 09, 9:02am

Re: Hooded down jackets
We loose the most heat from our heads so if you can trap the 'heat' then that would make a big difference for sure :)

In GEAR » can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
August 09, 6:36am

Not as light as the Hexamid but.....
I am 6'4" and sleep on a 7cm Exped mat and I bought the TarpTent Rainbow. Well long enough for me I have never touched the sides. Very roomy to sit up and organise myself in there. Excelle...

August 09, 1:37am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am