BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 161 - 170 of 413 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...42

Forum » Thread

Double thread
Mole- so why don't you double thread? Also talked to Lawson that said it worked fine... I wonder if that has to do with test environment (ie wet and what kind of load) or the type of line(e...

In GEAR » what lines work with the Lineloc 3 ladder?
September 18, 7:25am

hmm
Andrew I just tried it at home with triptease (which specs say is 3mm btw) and a 2.2mm pure spectra line form zpacks...and it didnt slip. Now i assume at SOME strength it will slip but i wonder...

September 17, 2:42pm

what lines work with the Lineloc 3 ladder?
i know the spec says 2.5mm....and my Kelty triptease works great - but i was wondering if anyone had specific experience with these linelocs (like the ones that come OEM on the trailstar) have you...

September 17, 11:34am

Berghaus/Mtnhause Rmache
this http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/gear-features/most-effective-down-jacket-ever-from-berghaus/9293.html could be cool!

In Editor's Roundtable » Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
September 15, 2:48pm

add a comp table
nice to see these reviewed. i lokked at them a while ago (and others) and opted for a custom one from Ben@goosefeet Although this is NOT a state of the market -IMO could be useful to add a comp ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
September 13, 3:30am

Hmmmm...
Kinda funny that we have this long thread and no one emailed ULA dont you think? As an aside - i think i know whats going on: they made a mistake - its not a 20F its 0F and the 2 needs to be ad...

In GEAR » ULA Sleeping bag
September 11, 12:13pm

7D
@brian i would ping Joe to ask if he can do it in 7D. i have a nunatak bag and a goosefeetgear parka done all up in 7D. As its like 100F here now i havent field tested it....but have been playi...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
September 10, 11:04pm

leave in the bag
@rod - I tend to leave it in my bag (that is why i only trust a nalgene so far) ziploc - sounds scary to me YMMV

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
September 10, 11:47am

WE had fun didnt we
glad to see that cuben fiber came into this somehow @katy - try it yourself...i'm sure no one will notice :)

September 10, 1:06am

A-ha
@david - the engineer comes to the rescue! My main qualm was never the weight - but rather the TILT (if you know what i mean...) just tried it at home now (its like 80F so i boiled) and indee...

September 09, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am