BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 161 - 170 of 785 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...79

Forum » Thread

We don't need no stinking Klettersack
I'll stick with this retro baby: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/579899924HCFIQA?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » The return of the Klettersack - with no apparent effect of inflation
March 26, 4:41pm

Tarp
Doesn't get much simpler than a good tarp and bug shelter. Go with a 2 person tarp for the extra room to cook under, and more space when you need to pitch the sides down tight during bad weathe...

In GEAR » Still searching for a suitable shelter
March 26, 4:28pm

No,no,no............
Dan does not work with silly Cuben, you of course,meant Spectra, correct????

March 26, 4:21pm

well......
It is a Kelty after all, I'm going to send it to Dan and have him put some stays on this baby, should make my 20lb ultralight loads carry like a dream.

March 26, 4:15pm

Clear water
I have the original and the newer style, and found that the newer Amigo, works best with clear water. (clogs rather quickly with dirty water) I'm sticking with Aqua Mira, or my Katadyn hiker. A...

In GEAR » Return of the ULA Amigo
March 26, 4:11pm

Oh Yeah
I'm getting this: http://www.kelty.com/p-384-mockingbird.aspx Kelty has an informative video on this pack as well. :) :)

March 26, 4:01pm

WOW
This is the thread to end all threads. You guys take something simple, like backpacking gear, and make things wayyyy too complicated. I say use the Cuben Tarp, and if you get wet in it, then ask...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 24, 7:48pm

mesh lumbar pad
I like the looks of pack, but would like to see a 3d spacer mesh Lumbar pad, that has the ability to add your own padding. The material they're using for the pack has got to be very slippery, w...

In GEAR » HMG Windrider Southwest
March 24, 5:01pm

What they're made for
I find just the opposite with a quilt, as to be excellent for my side sleeping and tossing and turning. The trick is to get a wide enough quilt with just enough under-straps (3) and wrap the straps...

In GEAR » Quilt, stretch, or other option for restless side sleeper
March 23, 10:57pm

Plastic tubes?
Mike, What do they call these plastic tubes? All I found was the thicker walled clear PVC, which is expensive. OK I found it: (Tenite Butyrate tubing) So, what wall thickness did you get for the...

In GEAR » US Plastics order
March 19, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm