BPL Community Profile

Charles P (mediauras) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Terra
About Me Charles P has not added a biography yet.
CityOakland

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles P

Showing 161 - 170 of 362 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...37

Forum » Thread

Family Snowshoe Recs - Carson Pass (CA)
Hi. I'm wondering if anybody might have a recommendation for a fun snowshoe near Carson Pass/ Kirkwood in CA. I'll be with my two young kids so it can't be too long or rigorous. Last we...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Family Snowshoe Recs - Carson Pass (CA)
January 29, 6:47pm

Re: Marmot Arroyo and WM Megalite in Quilt Mode
The arroyo has a full length zipper. When fully unzipped though, there remains about a foot of footbox. For me that makes for great quilting. :)

In GEAR » Marmot Arroyo and WM Megalite in Quilt Mode
January 27, 2:18pm

Re: Zimmerbuilt...
There's also one from Gossamer Gear. http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/riksak.html Link to Zimmerbuilt: http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/gear-deals.html

In GEAR » Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
January 25, 10:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:
Great review! And a great scoop, seems to me you're well within your right to post it here. Sadly, it seems the gear makers have the power to stifle conversations here. Too bad. This is the...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
January 11, 11:00am

Re: Re: Re: First Snow- 1/4/13
Awesome TR Eugene! I heard all about the snowfall. Unfortunately we were long gone by then, nothing better than a snow storm in the desert. (BTW, ended up doing dripping springs with my kids. T...

In Post-Trip Reports » First Snow- 1/4/13
January 09, 5:58pm

Re: Desert Trail: Mexico to Canada, Highlight Video
That is an amazing and awesome trip. It made me homesick. I grew up in the southwest, in the high end of the Chihuahuan desert, and your TR brought so much of what I love about the desert back to m...

In Post-Trip Reports » Desert Trail: Mexico to Canada, Highlight Video
December 22, 8:49am

Re: really?!?
So who's more bothered than who? Seems you have more energy than I do for worrying publicly about gearswap. I'll say this. GS is an amazing marketplace. And sure, anybody is 'free&#...

In Gear Swap » FS: SnowPeak gigapower ti stoves, GossamerGear G4, GG Virga, GoLite
December 18, 10:05am

Re: FS: SnowPeak gigapower ti stoves, GossamerGear G4, GG Virga, GoLite
A number of these items were recently purchased here in gearswap if you want a bit more history... Originally part of a very nice offering by a member many were trying to get. Is it all being flipp...

In Gear Swap » FS: SnowPeak gigapower ti stoves, GossamerGear G4, GG Virga, GoLite
December 17, 10:10pm

Re: Winter Gloves and Miitts system
I remember as a kid the very technical glove system my parents devised -- socks with a plastic bag rubberband'ed around the wrist! Fun stuff, worked sort of well during the light snow we got ma...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 16, 1:21pm

Re: [bal-uh-klah-vuh]
"Where does it get its name" for 10 points. According to link above: from Balaklava, a seaport in S Crimea, in the S Ukraine, on the Black Sea: scene of English cavalry charge against...

In Gear Deals » awesome $10 balaclava by Geoffrey Beene?!?
December 12, 11:25am

All Reader Reviews by Charles P

Charles P has posted no reviews.