November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 161 - 170 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

I have a geko 301 and like it a lot. But I agree with Mike that I don't think it makes any sense these days to buy a GPS with the old receiver and without USB. Get one of the "newer"...

In GEAR » WTB New Handheld GPS-Recommendations Please?
February 15, 8:42pm

I should say that I think Glacier justifies carrying binocs over a monocular. I would rather see a griz charging in my binocs then in my monocular. The extensive and varied wildlife and the oppor...

In GEAR » Binoculars
February 13, 12:33pm

eagle optics
binos will be great in Glacier, definitely lots of high mountain terrain to scan. I don't have any particular recommendation. I remember lots other people over the years recommending eagle op...

In GEAR » Binoculars
February 13, 11:39am

I post this yet again:

In GEAR » Tall, Thin People: Pants?
February 12, 10:58am

beyond fleece
"I can't find soft shell pants with a 36" inseam." I feel like a shill since I keep posting this. Beyondfleece will make you soft shell pants customized for you, based on you...

In GEAR » On being an oddly sized human being
January 31, 8:44pm

I have fixed zips by squeezing them with pliers. I wouldn't carry pliers on a trip to deal with this remote possibility though. I don't think I need pliers or would carry them on a backpa...

In GEAR » Multi-tool uses
January 24, 6:08am

there has been a ton of icebreaker on lately. If I hadn't spent all my money already, I would have ordered something. It sells fast and you have to buy fast. No way to know...

In GEAR » Is Ibex worth the cost?
January 07, 8:07pm

Re: Bonded Poly, wb400
I was suggesting wb400 because I think it is exactly what you are looking for: a warmer, windproof softshell. I haven't worn powershield, and maybe it has gotten better over the years, but it ...

In GEAR » Stretch Wovens with better CFM?
December 08, 8:46pm

I have posted this here and on other forums, so feel a bit like I am shilling for schoeller. But I have a jacket out of wb400, a beyond fleece cold fushion, that I have had for several years and w...

In GEAR » Stretch Wovens with better CFM?
December 07, 2:52pm

vt trails
The trails and trailheads are both described on the green mountain website: Both are south of stowe but right in that area. If you are in stow...

In GEAR » Will Gamma MX pants be breathable enough for backcountry skiing and snowshoeing in N Vermont in late December?
December 06, 6:13am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.