Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 161 - 170 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

monoculars
I should say that I think Glacier justifies carrying binocs over a monocular. I would rather see a griz charging in my binocs then in my monocular. The extensive and varied wildlife and the oppor...

In GEAR » Binoculars
February 13, 12:33pm

eagle optics
binos will be great in Glacier, definitely lots of high mountain terrain to scan. I don't have any particular recommendation. I remember lots other people over the years recommending eagle op...

In GEAR » Binoculars
February 13, 11:39am

beyondfleece
I post this yet again: http://beyondclothing.com/products/pants/soft-shell/

In GEAR » Tall, Thin People: Pants?
February 12, 10:58am

beyond fleece
"I can't find soft shell pants with a 36" inseam." I feel like a shill since I keep posting this. Beyondfleece will make you soft shell pants customized for you, based on you...

In GEAR » On being an oddly sized human being
January 31, 8:44pm

pliers
I have fixed zips by squeezing them with pliers. I wouldn't carry pliers on a trip to deal with this remote possibility though. I don't think I need pliers or would carry them on a backpa...

In GEAR » Multi-tool uses
January 24, 6:08am

steepandcheap
there has been a ton of icebreaker on steepandcheap.com lately. If I hadn't spent all my money already, I would have ordered something. It sells fast and you have to buy fast. No way to know...

In GEAR » Is Ibex worth the cost?
January 07, 8:07pm

Re: Bonded Poly, wb400
I was suggesting wb400 because I think it is exactly what you are looking for: a warmer, windproof softshell. I haven't worn powershield, and maybe it has gotten better over the years, but it ...

In GEAR » Stretch Wovens with better CFM?
December 08, 8:46pm

wb400
I have posted this here and on other forums, so feel a bit like I am shilling for schoeller. But I have a jacket out of wb400, a beyond fleece cold fushion, that I have had for several years and w...

In GEAR » Stretch Wovens with better CFM?
December 07, 2:52pm

vt trails
The trails and trailheads are both described on the green mountain website: http://www.greenmountainclub.org/page.php?id=51 Both are south of stowe but right in that area. If you are in stow...

In GEAR » Will Gamma MX pants be breathable enough for backcountry skiing and snowshoeing in N Vermont in late December?
December 06, 6:13am

microspikes
I have the mediums and they fit my size 10 winter boots as well as my partner's women's size 9 running shoes (well sort of, they were a bit loose). So the size range is pretty large. You ...

In GEAR » kahtoola microspike sizing
December 05, 9:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.