Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 161 - 170 of 1807 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...181

Forum » Thread

baking soda
next to the wheel, baking soda may be the most versatile invention of mankind

In Multiple Use Gear » Baking Soda
July 04, 4:35pm

Sul cordage
spectra fishing line would work fine, but be more prone to tangle. I considered it but eventually decided it would be more a pain in the A to try to use, than it would be worth. It doesnt have...

In GEAR » SUL cordage?
July 04, 2:27pm

ferry
By getting an early start, as opposed to waiting for them to drive you to the trail at 10am, one can knock out that 6 miles and then some in the nice cool morning air. The only reason I would ev...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT food and resupply
July 04, 7:25am

shelter
a separate tarp that you can pitch when decide to break and eat lunch in the cold 45 F rain will be mucho appreciated. And as said, you will want the buggy protection, and micey protection, un...

In GEAR » Give me your opinions in my shelter
July 03, 8:44pm

edison ferry
My understanding is the VVR ferry is running currently, as their website states, they are running small boats, can take 4 hikers at a time. They run 945 am. A van meets the boat at the other end an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lake Edison Ferry
July 03, 8:30pm

shelter
I would not consider anything but a cuben tarp/inner net combo. Zpacks, SMD, Yama, etc. You do not want a bivy, in the humid east. ESPECIALLY not in cold weather. Read that again. there i...

In GEAR » Give me your opinions in my shelter
July 03, 6:42pm

lithium
"Primary lithium (nonrechargeable) cells and batteries and secondary lithium-ion (rechargeable) cells and batteries are mailable in limited quantities domestically via air or surface transport...

In GEAR » Can I fly with THE SPOT?
July 03, 6:32pm

treated net
in countries with malaria, the CDC only reccomends treated mosquito nets (these go over a bed). You can find plenty online. I bought one for my daughter to use in honduras a few weeks ago. In a r...

In GEAR » Permethrin treated net skirt of a tarp
July 02, 7:30pm

caddy
If you are going to haul a "caddy", you have the wrong pot for YOU. Get a more durable pot, and it will be lighter than the pot/caddy combo.

In GEAR » Where do I get a caddy for a fosters cooking can?
July 01, 8:05pm

water treatment
philmont supplies micropur tablets (ClO2). Thats all that is necessary. So idiot proof, even a 14yr old boy can do it.

In Philmont » Water Management for Dry Camps
July 01, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm