BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 161 - 170 of 1520 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...152

Forum » Thread

meal
I often drink a cup of coffee while my dinner is soaking (FBC). A small 2-cup pot works for this for me. I will drink about 5 oz of coffee in a small 6oz styrofoam coffee cup (0.05 oz), and the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pot size/menu/hot meal vs. cold food w/hot beverage
January 05, 8:21pm

quilt
would this be a partial zip or a full zip? The ability to open up the footbox completely on Tims quilts, Like the Revelation, adds about 10-15 F of comfort range in warmer temps in my experienc...

In GEAR » Attention Enlightened Equipment Enigma quilt users!
January 05, 11:30am

March
In march, I would honestly bring a much better puffy than a nanopuff. Wearing a light fleece, and nanopuff together, 45F is pushing the comfort limit for standing around. Id suggest the Montbe...

In Gear Lists » AT (March departure) layering system question
January 04, 5:03pm

cuben
I have about 40 nights in my hexamid with no issues, its fine. Typical cuben crease lines everywhere. A few nights using it as groundcloth in shelters too. Its 1.0 or 1.1. HOWEVER, the cuben is...

In GEAR » Durability of MLD Soul Bivy Cuben Bottom?
January 04, 4:50pm

foster
Mine have always gone in the top of the front mesh pocket on my packs. No issues at all. One was damaged on the way to a weeklong trip when it was in my pack, and I slammed on brakes, the pack ...

In GEAR » Are Beer Can Pots Too Fragile?
January 04, 2:04pm

drybag
get the medium drybag. you will be able to compress/roll it down to the size of a cantaloupe if you want. This is what Joe provides with his bags I have two, and use them for my quilts. ri...

In GEAR » Best size of stuff sack for my Revelation 30 degree quilt?
January 04, 8:20am

bones
Is it possible, particularly in young males in their early 20s, that hiking delays the calcification of the growth plates on the end of the bones?

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 04, 8:16am

MB Ex
I purchased one a yr ago that is 2013, not crinkly at all IMO. It retains wrinkles after being stuffed pretty badly though.

In GEAR » quick question about MB ex light
January 03, 5:40pm

BPW
While FSO weight is a measure as well, BPW is indicative of pack comfort. In the end, what REALLY matters is total pack weight. I have a distinct preference for a pack less than 23, most pref...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 5:18pm

bears
heres what you need to know about black bears and hanging food:

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » What to do with pack at night?
January 02, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm