BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 161 - 170 of 459 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...46

Forum » Thread

FS:Hat and Women's trail runners
The hat is one of Kat's, and it' beautiful. Just doesn't fit my small head...rolls down over my eyes :) It's a size regular,rolled edge and alpaca/merino blend. A work of art as any...

In Gear Swap » FS:Hat and Women's trail runners
October 13, 7:24am

pic test

In User Test Forum » pic test
October 13, 7:11am

Lumbar pack
Funny, I ended up with the Black Diamond Fuse on Mike M's suggestion :D...actually I think from the same post,as I recall he mentioned the Osprey also. I found it on sale so decided to try it. ...

In GEAR » Do you use a fanny or lumbar pack?
October 13, 6:49am

Sounds you've never heard before
I hadn't ever heard a fox at night until about a month ago, didn't know what it was until a friend told me....very interesting. Two weeks ago I decided to test my opsak. I'd had tuna fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sounds you've never heard before
October 10, 7:01pm

NCT
Ike, Thanks for sharing! I have friends that live in northern MI and while I'm able to go up in the summer (I'm a teacher; it makes a great respite from the TX heat) I dream of a time when...

In Post-Trip Reports » The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
October 08, 5:54pm

SHR
Manfred and Andrew, Thanks for the wonderful trip report and pictures!! Such an awesome hike!!

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
October 08, 5:14pm

RE: updates
Anyone else not arriving until Sat morning?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
October 03, 6:21pm

Campsites
Thanks for your input John! I found out this morning I have a conference to attend on Fri the 19th, 2 hrs south of where I live. I was planning on taking Friday off and hiking that day....now I ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 26, 3:49pm

Campsites
Here are a couple of options trying to incorporate the larger campsites, everyone feel free to comment. Start from FR 106/Winding Stairs TH and hiked up to the campsite marked on the maps at th...

September 25, 7:40pm

re: trailhead
Landon, the one I'm talking about is actually within sight of the parking at 512. After 369 leaves the AP campground (NO OVERNIGHT PARKING ANYWHERE THERE)and turns to gravel maybe a 1/4 mi.on t...

September 25, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.