Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

drowning in spam (leaftye) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me drowning in spam has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.eugeneleafty.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by drowning in spam

Showing 161 - 170 of 2381 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...239

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Not perfect yet...Failure inside of 6 days
Yeah, I definitely didn't buy it because of the bags. The bags were a bonus. I could care less if they're worthless. Unfortunately it gives the less informed a bad taste about Sawyer.

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
September 26, 6:29pm

Re: question about a down bag that has been machine washed (without my consent)
I'd try rinsing it and drying it very well.

In GEAR » question about a down bag that has been machine washed (without my consent)
September 26, 2:39pm

Re: Sleeping bag w/o open baffles?
What's the big deal with shaking down into the center every night? It takes a few seconds and the shaking helps loft the down.

In GEAR » Sleeping bag w/o open baffles?
September 26, 1:24pm

Re: Sleeping bag w/o open baffles?
The original Golite 20 quilts had closed baffles. I have one. I hate those closed baffles, mostly because it doesn't have enough down to be warm anywhere near 20°F and those baffles make it ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag w/o open baffles?
September 26, 1:22pm

Re: Roomy 2-person tarptent using 4 poles?
It could be a sort of A-frame with a pair of poles in the center with a spreader bar for shoulder room. The other bars would go at the ends. This should allow side entry.

In Make Your Own Gear » Roomy 2-person tarptent using 4 poles?
September 26, 1:03pm

Re: Environmental impact
While possibly heavy, a carbide headlamp might fit into this type of trip.

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking sans batteries...
September 26, 10:54am

Re: Backpacking Sans Batteries
^^ I'm the same way. I have to have a bright flashlight. I don't have enough faith that the next mountain lion or bear that walks into camp will leave me alone if I don't run it off,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking sans batteries...
September 26, 9:40am

Re: camp
^^ Agreed. More jacket insulation is needed to stay warm in camp, especially if the legs aren't going to be insulated.

In GEAR » need down jacket advice
September 26, 5:59am

Re: Re: Price range?
If price is not a factor, I don't see why you'd want duck down. Goose down can be roughly 40% more efficient. I can think of no advantage to duck down than price. You can even get goose ...

In GEAR » please suggest to me a bag according to my needs listed
September 25, 6:01am

Re: Re: Fabric
To expand on what I said above, because the requirements for the liner fabric isn't sexy, it may not have a trade name. The right answer to this thread is to contact Western Mountaineering.

In GEAR » Fabric Western Mountaineering
September 25, 2:46am

All Reader Reviews by drowning in spam

drowning in spam has posted no reviews.