BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 161 - 170 of 241 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

I cheated on tenkara and I liked it
Tenkara the gateway drug? This is my first fish caught with a western fly rod. This was in Indian Heaven Wilderness in southern Washington at Bear Lake along the PCT. Caught with a #14 adams.

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
September 12, 9:53am

Re: Tenkara on the JMT
Edited—jumped to conclusions.

September 08, 1:53pm

Re: My tenkara story (and why you should too)
We lost the lottery this year so we ended up with permits to Stuart. We hiked in Saturday, swam and fished, and then day hiked into the core Enchantments Sunday and hung out for just a bit. Made fo...

September 07, 4:12pm

Re: alpine lakes
Well, I just got back. Lake Stuart was absolutely teaming with beautiful cutthroat trout. I was too busy catching them to take any pictures, but here's a photo of where I was fishing. I'm t...

September 07, 11:41am

Re: Re: re: the tenkara epiphany
I'm headed to the Enchantments this weekend in northern Washington. I've heard rumors of golden trout stocked in a few of these high alpine lakes by a volunteer organization. Trouble is, I&...

September 01, 4:55pm

Re: Re: The epiphany
My experience is that matching a hatch could matter but never has for me personally. I have noticed that proper placement of flies to areas that are holding fish, and perfect presentation are what ...

August 25, 11:00am

Re: The Curtis Creek Manifesto- Being a Basic Guide to the Art of Fly Fishing on Moving Water
Just ordered the manifesto—thanks! I was inspired to write the OP because I saw a lot of technical posts of rod comparisons and fly tying and which case to hold the rod in, but I didn't re...

August 23, 6:28pm

My tenkara story (and why you should too)
Background I'm new to the world of fishing. I grew up fishing occasionally with my father, but have come to understand that I went fishing, but never really learned how to fish. Last yea...

August 22, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Accessories
Honestly, what you get with that 84-200g savings with the Ohm is a real frame that transfers weight to your hips efficiently. It's a silly oversight that the Ohm isn't considered in the cur...

In GEAR » Notes on the 2011 Jam
June 30, 8:16am

Re: Oregon PCT conditions in mid Sept. to early Oct.?
The bugs will be gone entirely in the northern half of the state, and perhaps also south. The weather will already have a chance to be really sour—last year I was planning to go from South Sister...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Oregon PCT conditions in mid Sept. to early Oct.?
June 25, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am