Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 161 - 170 of 9136 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...914

Forum » Thread

Re:PIFs
"Little ole unhelpful, un-Christian me was doing PIF stuff here before it became a popular group thing." Started by Adan Lopez 12/19/2010 almost two years to the day before your first ...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 04, 10:42pm

Re: Check valve stuff sacks
What about the event bottomed Sea to Summit dry bags? http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=Ultra-Sil+%26reg%3B+Compression+Dry+Sack&o1=0&o2=0&o3=591-12 http://www.seatosummi...

In GEAR » Check valve stuff sacks
April 04, 9:40pm

Re: BUYER BEWARE
Yeah, I already supplied that link earlier in this thread. Mike knows what he's getting into I bet.

In Gear Swap » 1.5" thick climashield apex quilt 60$
April 04, 9:37pm

Re: How much could you live on?
"I don't know if I want to ever buy a home again, I might just rent for the rest of my life." Never again for me. I would have moved by now.

In Chaff » How much could you live on?
April 04, 9:36pm

Re: How much could you live on?
Nice one bedroom apartment here in Humboldt, if you can find one would be around $7-800 a month. Drive a used, paid off car and eat out once in a while I could be comfortable with 2k a month. I get...

In Chaff » How much could you live on?
April 04, 8:40pm

Re: All we need is Love.
Love is grand. A question: What if, I know it's a big what if, the mortal coil and our mortal form is all that there is? Can you, or are you able/willing to, find peace, love, and most im...

In Chaff » I came not to bring peace, but a Storm. A Howard Storm that is.
April 04, 1:58pm

Re: bandaids
Tape and gauze Band-Aid or MYO? Essentially the same thing except for the convience of a sterile single use package. Where's that tape been. What's in that roll of gaze that you've b...

In GEAR » First Aid Emergency Kit
April 04, 1:37pm

Any websites for trip ideas? Yes BPL.
Give us some more info for the type of trip you want. Length in miles and days. How you will get to the trailhead., driving the whole way, or flying in and a rental. NorCal is huge. Some even think...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Any websites for trip ideas?
April 04, 10:10am

Re: Bee Stings
Honey works also. Oddly enough. The only pre digested food.

In Philosophy & Technique » Super-Awesome TIP OF THE DAY!!! (warning, thread may be too awesome for some viewers)
April 04, 9:40am

Avram Klein
Obviously only interested in the dollar, not being part of a community.

In Gear Swap » Quantum Endurance Climashield Quilt 5'X7' Slate Grey 75$
April 04, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am