Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 161 - 170 of 8628 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...863

Forum » Thread

Resolutions for 2015?
Getting back into the practice of getting out every month. Don't know how that slipped away.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Resolutions for 2015?
January 01, 10:32am

Re: 2015
Smoke grenades MLD Solomid XL with inner Haglofs LIM II rain jacket Marmot Precip pants Fenix E12 flashlight Steripen Freedom Marmot Driclime windshirt Apparently Santa took ...

In GEAR » 2015
January 01, 1:37am

Re: 72 Hours in Seattle
Sounds like your first time west. Did it meet or exceed your expectations? What do you hope to experience in Portland?

In Chaff » 72 Hours in Seattle
January 01, 1:35am

Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
"You know who make me vomit? People who don't have tattoos and piercings. Oh sure I play it off like I'm ok but inside I'm hurling." Bring your own barf bag next time you s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 7:01pm

Re: Ticks at Wildcat, Point Reyes?
Thanks peeps. I 've never been there during the summer, so maybe that explains it.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ticks at Wilcat, Point Reyes?
December 31, 7:15am

Re: related question
Inflate it and stand on end with valve down for starters. Always store flat with valve open.

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
December 30, 7:51am

Re: Marmot PreCip Pants
I will add that I was surprised as to how much heat I could dump with the zippered pockets open. Took a minute to figure out why the fronts of my thighs were cold, open zippers. If these are regula...

In GEAR » Marmot PreCip Pants
December 30, 7:45am

Re: Thanks for replying
There is no stretch in the material. Still feel like plastic rain pants. Though the fabric is nicer that years past. I know what you mean about belt less. I have been using Montbell Sunnyside pants...

December 30, 7:16am

Re: I'm converted to lightweight
Attending the GGG at Sam Taylor in Jan? See what you can't believe works for people, and working fine.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
December 30, 7:12am

Re: Marmot PreCip Pants
I have a pair. I would not want to hike in them all the time. Keep them as rain pants. Or for use around camp.

December 30, 6:55am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am