BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 161 - 170 of 8222 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...823

Forum » Thread

Re: Name the Potty Trowel
Sh*t Shiv

In Gear Deals » Name the Potty Trowel
September 04, 9:55pm

Re: Giga power creep
Love mine so much, I have two.

In GEAR » Giga power creep
September 04, 7:54am

Re: Giga power creep
Get the rebuild kit. http://www.campsaver.com/gigapower-stove-maintenance-kit

In GEAR » Giga power creep
September 04, 6:48am

Re: Knife or multi-tool?
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=94689

In GEAR » Knife or multi-tool
September 03, 6:46am

Re: Bottle with gradations
Blow it out, wait a bit till not hot. And then put the cap on. Works easily for me. Cap is just plastic.

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
September 01, 10:34pm

Re: Bottle with gradations
Cough syrup bottles. Got mine free at the local pharmacy by asking for one. Beauty of the Starlyte is having the cap. Just squirt some in there, boil, put the lid on. I never measure anymore.

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
September 01, 9:47pm

Re: Trailstar door
another door

In GEAR » Trailstar door
September 01, 9:37am

Re: Western Box
Where are you? What have people claimed from you? Is the travel enriching you, or is it cheapening you? You looked pretty shot out last time when you got to my place. Fattened you up an...

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
September 01, 9:17am

Re: Old sewing maching broke down. Kindly recommend me a new one please?
Let's see a photo and tell us what your machine is not doing correctly.

In Make Your Own Gear » Old sewing maching broke down. Kindly recommend me a new one please?
August 31, 9:03pm

A bone for Peter
a) 75+ b) Mid winter has been tradition. Usually get a break of good weather in January. Last couple were around President's Day weekend.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
August 31, 11:31am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am