Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 161 - 170 of 3201 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...321

Forum » Thread

Re: Rocket Propelled Grenades
RPG - role playing game. Like dungeons and dragons.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dumbest thing you ever carried
October 27, 1:19am

Re: Re: Not Answering Your Question
"It is not warm when wet - it can be quite lossy while it dries over 12-24 hours." Think about the effects of evaporative cooling during periods of lesser activity like a snack break o...

In GEAR » high loft wool sweater
October 27, 12:49am

Re: Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
I have room in my car for one more. I am leaving Santa Rosa after work at 6:00 pm (unless I can get off early) and I should be in the east bay around 7:30ish. Or if you have a larger vehicle and kn...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
October 22, 6:24pm

some navigational instructions
For those of you arriving later than the main group, our final destination is off trail. Look out for lower relief valley. It's sort of a meadow, but brushy. There is cow crap everywher...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
October 21, 2:37pm

Re: Re: A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
"Tabs are calibrated to contain enough chemical to treat a certain volume of water, so no." I remember reading that you can half the dosage and double the contact time or double the do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A bit of Giardia with a Chlorine Dioxide chaser
October 21, 2:16pm

Re: A different approach, and why others don't do this?
I need to ask, what do your all in one jacket for? Is it for active or stationary? Are you relying on your synthetic jacket to keep you warm while wet while hiking through rain? Me personally, I...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » A different approach, and why others don't do this?
October 20, 11:26pm

Re: Re: One last Sierra trip before the winter: Iceland Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, October 25-26th
There are closed campsites just off the highway. What if we just camped there? Just grab our stuff and walk in. I have been to closed national forest campsites in winter where there was nobody arou...

October 20, 10:45pm

Re: Gear for John Muir Trail next week
I have never camped up that high during this time of year, but I think you should be expecting lows in the 20s or teens (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

In GEAR » Gear for John Muir Trail next week
October 20, 6:42pm

Re: Love to join
I think the campgrounds at Kenendy Meadows are closed, idk if we could still camp in them or not. Anyone know a good place to stop along the way? It would be nice to all be together in the morning...

October 20, 6:29pm

Re: ratings
Tipi, at one point people considered western mountaineering to be too conservative with their ratings. They changed their ratings. That is what I heard.

In GEAR » Down Bag rating inflation over the years?
October 20, 6:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am