Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 161 - 170 of 3545 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...355

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: considering a windshirt...
I wouldn't use a windshirt for hot and sunny. I want the wind to flow right through my shirt. Unfortunately everyone wants to make nylon button up shirts that are upf rated which requires th...

In GEAR » Softshell as Windshirt substitute
March 19, 8:40pm

Re: Softshell as Windshirt substitute
If your concern is durability and you feel that it weighs too much, there are light softshell jackets. Usually in the 10-12 ounce range. A good compromise. http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?langu...

In GEAR » Softshell as Windshirt substitute
March 19, 11:22am

Re: Record Low Snow Year - Water in the Sierras?
There are lakes everywhere in the high sierras. The lakes don't dry up. I was out in kings canyon for 10 days in august 2013. Most of the small streams were dry but the all the major creeks wer...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Record Low Snow Year - Water in the Sierras?
March 17, 8:25pm

Re: 8.5x8.5 -or- 8.5x10 Flat Tarp for Two?
Definitely go with the 8.5x10. The extra couple feet makes a huge difference for keeping wind blown rain out. But I don't use a bivy so your usage may be different.

In GEAR » 8.5x8.5 -or- 8.5x10 Flat Tarp for Two?
March 17, 8:01pm

Re: long rain jackets?
It would be nice to find something in the 14oz-ish range made from goretex or event. My searches haven't turned up anything yet. Maybe lukes ultralight could do something like that?

In GEAR » long rain jackets?
March 17, 7:34pm

long rain jackets?
Does anyone out there make long rain jackets? I don't mean a poncho, just a regular fitting rain jacket that extends below the crotch. I would like to have that area protected and dry but I don...

In GEAR » long rain jackets?
March 17, 6:51pm

Re: Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
I normally use my mora #1. Weighs about 3 ounces, long enough to split down some kindling. You can also use the mora 2/0 which is smaller and lighter at 1.9 ounces. Just depends on how much length ...

In GEAR » Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
March 17, 4:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pyramids above treeline in the winter?
How are you going to find a stick above the treeline in winter?

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Pyramids above treeline in the winter?
March 17, 3:25pm

Denier vs fabric weight?
I know these are completely different ways of measuring a fabric. But is there any way to compare the two when considering durability? For example, what would a 3.0 oz / yard fabric be comparable t...

In GEAR » Denier vs fabric weight?
March 16, 3:05am

Re: Bad insoles
Yeah, I've actually ripped well used vivobarefoot insoles in half when trying to wring water out of them. They stopped making the 150s? Dang. I mean, I didn't use them much because I have ...

In GEAR » vivobarefoot trail freak shoes?
March 15, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am