BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 161 - 170 of 2528 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...253

Forum » Thread

Re: Random quotations on moving on solo.
“I rolled up some bread and tea in a pair of blankets with some sugar and a tin cup and set off.” - John Muir. And you posers have the nerve to call yourselves ultralight!!!!

In Chaff » Random quotations.
February 16, 1:18pm

Re: "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
This week I went on a long day hike wearing 19 ounce cotton jeans. Forgive me padre for I have sinned! 11 ounces is a pretty average weight for nylon pants. Keep in mind your pants take much m...

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 16, 12:41pm

Re: if not food what about clothes?
Darius, even if you have an odor proof backpack the odors could still get into your sleeping bag all of your packed clothing making it useless. An odor proof backpack would need to have some kin...

In GEAR » Odor-proof Backpack
February 16, 12:51am

Re: "Toilet Paper"
I don't use TP. I didn't mean that I would let it sit out in the open because I figured nobody would see it, I mean that if I bury it properly (or burn or whatever method works best) the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
February 15, 8:42pm

FS: Merrel True Gloves size 10
Merrel Trail Gloves size 10. Barely used, tread is in pristine condition. The inside lining is a bit torn up for whatever reason, but not noticeable when wearing it. These are similar to the Mer...

In Gear Swap » FS: Merrel True Gloves size 10
February 15, 4:42pm

Re: What about Quilt?
hmmm... I would think so because the with a sleeping bag the bottom of the bag is taking the most wear, but without a bottom there is almost no wear. But quilts are such a new thing to backpacking ...

In GEAR » how long does it take to wear out a down sleeping bag?
February 15, 2:35pm

Re: Re: RE: Toilet Paper
"but you find it is fine to leave it in the wilderness you are supposed to care about?" Yes, as long as I can reasonably expect no other humans to somehow stumble upon and witness my TP.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
February 15, 2:21am

Re: Re: how long does it take to wear out a down sleeping bag?
I submerge my down bag in plain water every about every 7-10 nights of use and let it air dry on my porch. I figure that washing it regularly in plain water can keep some of the oils out and avoid ...

February 15, 12:53am

how long does it take to wear out a down sleeping bag?
I know down bags sort of last forever, but how long do they really last with good care, assuming you don't replace it until the loft is severely degraded or the shell material wears out... 500 ...

February 15, 12:02am

Re: PIF: Patagonia Polartec fleece (heavy weight) tights, size Medium, black
pm sent

In Gear Swap » PIF: Patagonia Polartec fleece (heavy weight) tights, size Medium, black
February 14, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am