BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 161 - 170 of 747 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: Minimalist Gear List
Daniel, Thanks for the detailed review. I think you nailed it. It's funny my inclination was to defend why I needed those things, but you are right. I would have been fine without them. I would...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 13, 8:15pm

Minimalist Gear List
I posted a gear list as part of my trip report/gear review for the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer pack. Full report can be seen here.... TrailLite Report I wanted to post the gear list here by...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 13, 3:16pm

re: 24 Hours with the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack
I wanted to add a detail around cooking. I went without a pot top or windscreen. I used my 2.5 liter platy as a wind screen and my bandana as a pot top. I also used the bandana with a little...

In GEAR » 24 Hours with the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack
April 11, 8:16pm

re: Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
Troy, To your original question...like other I can use as small as 1500 cubic inch total (ion) for summer temps (45+). Typically I use a main bag that is 1500 plus pockets. In North Carolina winter...

In GEAR » Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
April 08, 4:56am

5-6 lb base pictures
Kevin, I have some detailed photos of gear and packing process on my website. Www.LytW8.com Look under gear list section. Jamie

In GEAR » Question for you 5# - 6# base weight guys
April 06, 8:18pm

re: 24 Hours with the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack
Chris, I thought the extra stitching for the shoulder strap might be under the webbing, but it was just hidden so well I could not see it. The way the pack panel is folded at the top back into the ...

April 03, 5:30am

24 Hours with the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack
The following post is a combination gear review, gear list and trip report focused around the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer pack. Here is how it all played out. Being a husband and father of two c...

April 02, 2:54pm

re: MYOG Bivy
I would really like to get all this info together so we can get a good bivy pattern into the public domain. I like the meteor bivy but it has a too much mesh for me. I agree Chris that the fold ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
March 20, 3:36pm

re: MYOG Bivy
Chris, The bivy turned out great and thanks for posting the pics. I was glad to help. The 6 oz weight is nice for a fully functioning bivy. I will add a comment on the footbox since I think you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
March 20, 10:39am

re: MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
Don, I sure would like to hike together some time. Big work and family responsibilities are really keeping me from hiking. I hope things slow down a bit so I can take advantage of this incredible w...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
March 16, 8:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.