Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 161 - 170 of 1054 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Down loft degradation from RH is minor
It's called a guess, based on how every other DWR item performs. Per Andrew Skurka's book, "DWR is degraded by abrasion, dirt, and body oils". Why would the coating on down not de...

In GEAR » Downtek
February 02, 8:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Down loft degradation from RH is minor
I wonder how much of the perceived performance of DWR down is psychological. If you bought a sleeping bag supposedly filled with DWR down, but it was actually filled with normal down, do you th...

In GEAR » Downtek
February 02, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Downtek
Here is a quote from Will Rietveld's 2015 OR coverage: "While at the Crux booth I had the opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of water-resistant down treatments with Crux founder C...

In GEAR » Downtek
February 02, 8:44am

Re: Re: OR Helium II? Have you tested it?
I've had mine for almost two years now. It hasn't failed me yet, even during a Pineapple Express along the Rogue River in Oregon last year or getting dumped on while hiking along the Oregon...

In GEAR » OR Helium II? Have you tested it?
February 01, 2:45pm

Re: DeLorme
"However, waypoint functionality like this seems like it should be an easy update to the SE, since it knows your coordinates and it only takes 10 lines of code to calculate the direction and d...

In GEAR » DeLorme announced today the inReach Explorer - It incorporates many navigation functions
January 30, 9:39am

Re: Coating silnylon floor
It's not exactly what you asked, but I've been using Lightheart Gear's regular silnylon for floors lately. It's not very slippery and seems plenty waterproof - I've slept on wet...

In Make Your Own Gear » Coating silnylon floor
January 29, 7:13pm

Re: Re: BearPaw WD quality
Those pictures show some pretty ugly seams... One thing that is clear is that MLD, HMG, Oware, etc are missing the market on inner tents. People seem to want inner tents for their mids and tar...

In GEAR » Bear Paw Wilderness Designs
January 29, 7:02pm

Re: GE Silicone.
There are these from Sierra Designs: http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Designs-Grip-Clips-PK/dp/B00C38JA9Y I've never used them before and don't know how they would work. Short of lear...

In GEAR » who sells silnylon tarp tie outs?
January 28, 9:25pm

Re: Rain Fly Reply
I'm actually surprised that a dome tarp pitches that well; however, I do see some parts on the top that look like they are sagging - that may cause flapping in the wind or pooling of water. It&...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quarterdome rain fly pitching without footprint?
January 28, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Any word on the new Sea to Summit pads?
This comparison contains a review that seems less than positive: http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/outdoor-sleeping-pad-comparison-data-1659782011 Maybe packed size is good and they are qui...

In GEAR » Any word on the new Sea to Summit pads?
January 28, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.