BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 161 - 170 of 737 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: cutting large fabric pieces
Thank you, some helpful comments. My apartment is small, but I have a garage, so I will probably try to find a large piece of cardboard I can use to keep the fabric stretched and clean. Maybe I wil...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
March 23, 5:12pm

Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
I'd like to try sewing a pyramid tarp. What technique do you use for accurately cutting and patterning large pieces of fabric (silnylon in particular)? Do you make a stencil from some material,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Large Pieces of Fabric
March 23, 12:13pm

Re: MYOG Pentagon tarp (poor man's trailstar)
Awesome work - looks like it pitches really well.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pentagon tarp (poor man's trailstar)
March 20, 5:55pm

Re: trip ideas - Emigrant Wilderness?
I've been doing some more research and came across the Emigrant Wilderness in CA. From looking at the map, it seems like many of the lakes are around 8000' - 9000'. Does anyone have an ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 20, 4:32pm

Re: Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
I had actually considered the Pecos (it's been on my list for a couple years now), but I forgot to mention I don't want to fly, so it'd be a far drive from OR. Thank you for the SN...

March 19, 10:26pm

Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
I am looking to plan a 7+ day trip in early June. I'm currently in OR, but my hiking buddies are in AZ, so I was thinking we could meet in the "middle" - maybe somewhere in Utah or We...

March 19, 9:41pm

Re: First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
I got to try out my quilt this past weekend. Temps got down into the low 30s. My lower half was fine, but my upper half was a little cold since the quilt turned out to be too short. By the time I a...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
March 17, 9:14pm

Re: Delmar's X
The idea works. See my description here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=59825&skip_to_post=663253#663253

In GEAR » First impression: MSR Hubba Hubba NX
March 12, 10:28pm

Re: First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
Yea, the sewn footbox saves a lot of weight and bulk vs a drawstring footbox. I mainly intended this as a warmer weather quilt (my down quilt is good to at least the upper teens), but we'll ...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
March 11, 11:56am

Re: Paradox Unaweep
Do you have any close-up photos of the side pockets or harness? And is the Talon removable, or is it required for compression?

In GEAR » Paradox Unaweep
March 11, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.