BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 161 - 170 of 325 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...33

Forum » Thread

Colorado Rockies: Moose, poison oak?
Sorry, should have posted under trip reports

In GEAR » Colorado Rockies: Moose, poison oak?
September 28, 5:49pm

Utility of compass on Suunto watch
I have a Suunto Observer watch/compass/altimeter that's about 4-5 years old. Was playing w/ it in the Rockies over the weekend, and remembered that the compass bearing swings wildly (10 degrees...

In GEAR » Utility of compass on Suunto watch
September 28, 5:49pm

Jacks R Better No Sniveller
SOLD PENDING FUNDS For sale, lightly used Jacks R Better No Sniveller. Excellent condition, properly stored, used 6-7 nights, I thrash to much to keep it on me. Yours for $200 shipped, email me...

In Gear Swap » Jacks R Better No Sniveller
July 14, 6:43pm

Prolite
Just slept on one on a two night trip. Thought it was great. Used to use one of the 1" prolites, was too thin for me, at that point might was well use the ridgerest and be warmer and lighter.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Therm-a-Rest 2009 Prolite
June 23, 4:31pm

Dogs - Poison Oak, Giardia
I know there's another dog thread, but I want to focus on a couple issues specifically... Just went for a 3 day trip in the Trinity Alps, jonesing to take my dog/s next time. Two concerns: ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dogs - Poison Oak, Giardia
June 21, 6:18pm

BPL partnership with Polaris
Ryan Jordan just gave me permission to disclose that BPL has entered a partnership with Polaris to develop a JetPack that burns merino wool. The 7 oz version can jet you up to 7000 feet, the 12 oz...

In Editor's Roundtable » FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: BACKPACKING LIGHT SEEKS PARTNERSHIP WITH OHV/ORV COMMUNITY TO PROMOTE MULTI-USE HARMONY IN AMERICAN WILDERNESS
March 31, 11:40pm

09 hardrocks
Thanks for the updates, this is good news. Also a hardcore, hardrock user, bummed about the changes in 08/Columbia, been buying old pairs online wherever I can find them.

In GEAR » New 2009 Montrail Hardrocks
March 01, 9:25pm

navigation
USGS topo map and suunto baseplate compass, can't remember the model...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 01, 1:58pm

Poison Oak!!!
To sum up: on a multi-day trip, you're screwed if you touch it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison Oak!!!
February 25, 12:54am

Pants for poison oak
When backpacking, how do you get pants on/off without contaminating yourself? Same for shoes...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison Oak!!!
February 23, 2:20pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.