BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 161 - 170 of 462 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: DWR Bivy?
DWR bivy should have similar to less condensation than the WBP. Near freezing I imagine it would be very similar. Yes you would want a full coverage tarp with the lighter bivy. The actual si...

In GEAR » DWR Bivy?
August 27, 8:22am

Re: re: SL2
"It does pitch quite taught. Not as tight as something like an MLD shelter, but good." huh, I would expect the sl2 to pitch tighter than say a duomid. Mostly bc of the 45deg stitching...

In GEAR » Some questions about the golite shangri-la 2
August 15, 7:56pm

Re: Some questions about the golite shangri-la 2
I have just the rainfly w/o inner. Trekking pole location is mildly inconvenient. I don't have much trouble getting in/out but I only use it solo. I prefer to sleep down the center of the r...

In GEAR » Some questions about the golite shangri-la 2
August 15, 3:16pm

Re: Camera bag
For the last probably 10 trips, Ive just carried my small dslr or u4/3 around my neck. With 1-2 extra lenses in hipbelt pockets (in sandwich type ziplock bags). If it starts to drizzle I usuall...

In GEAR » Carrying a compact interchangeable camera
August 10, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Most fuel-efficient on Snow Peak Litemax
James M, I am pretty sure he ment 8oz cannisters not an 8 fl oz cook pot :) I think Ken might be defining effeciency as time to boil and describing the phenom of a canister being more prone to ...

In GEAR » Most fuel-efficient on Snow Peak Litemax (or other canister stoves)
August 08, 6:39am

Re: gnat
"but that it isn't quite as efficient in the long term as other stoves, because it is very prone to wind related weaknesses" More so than other upright cannister stoves? Neither a...

In GEAR » monatauk gnat vs snowpeak litemax
August 07, 7:24pm

foam pad dry
If its closed cell I would just wipe it down after setting up camp with bandana or cook kit rag.

In GEAR » How do you keep your foam sleeping pad dry?
August 07, 1:53pm

Re: It's dishonest
Golite's def. of "Suggested Retail" is: "Similiar products retail for around XXX.xx" Tough to verify b/c there aren't a many explicitly comprabable products. I don'...

In GEAR » GoLite Jam 2012 Price Hikes
August 06, 10:34am

Interesting
I wonder how it would compare to the zpacks cuben rain jacket w.r.t. durability and breathability.

In GEAR » NW Alpine Eyebright Dyneema jacket
August 05, 7:18pm

I suppose you mean the monatauk...
you can find the gnat here: http://www.moontrail.com/monatauk-gnat.php also you can buy it rebranded by olicamp here: http://www.amazon.com/Olicamp-Kinetic-Ultra-Titanium-Stove/dp/B007OJKI0M

In GEAR » monatauk gnat vs snowpeak litemax
August 04, 9:00pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm