Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 161 - 170 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Thanks Wyatt
That is an excellent tutorial on the Cat Stove. It's going in the blog links. Thanks, for the tip on the potted meat cans, but I don't consume anything in a can that can be bought cheaper t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cat Can Stove
October 13, 2:39pm

re: dogs
My 2 40+ lb dogs have put the floor of my Sierra Designs tent through hell. It's listed as 70d silnylon, which I believe is 1.9(correct me if I'm wrong). If it were going to tear from the d...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.5oz Cuben
October 13, 12:02pm

Thanks
Thanks for the measuring tips. My hole punch came from Hobby Lobby. They had a $3.99 version, but it was for punching fancy shapes and the round version looked a bit bigger than the standard sin...

October 13, 11:07am

Cat Can Stove
Made this one over the weekend. Cost: $1.99 for the hole punch, $.50 for the cat food(free can, my cat had to eat anyway, plus he got "special" food). Anyone have a tip for measuring alco...

October 12, 7:40am

:)
no offense taken. i watch a lot of Madmen.

In GEAR » Frameless Pack for Women
October 05, 9:02pm

Thanks Ron
Ron, this gives me hope we might find a pack for my wife. She currently totes an REI Aries pack w/ a plastic framesheet and some aluminum stays. Weigh 3lb10oz, not the heaviest. Of course it was no...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack for Women
October 05, 5:33pm

Frogg Toggs poncho bivy
Frogg Toggs is offering free shipping. $13 for the poncho right now. Could button two together like Bill from TX on here did.

In Make Your Own Gear » I know, it's crazy
October 05, 8:58am

probably
I wouldn't count on any longterm results from this setup, but I'd be willing to bet it'll last for a single trip. Another less unsightly method: sew some cheap 3mil painters drop plast...

In Make Your Own Gear » I know, it's crazy
October 05, 7:25am

windshirt
I'll take it. pm sent.

In Gear Swap » Golite Hooded Windshirt
October 03, 4:06pm

Quest Fabric Bivy/Tarp Patterns
Anyone have any experience good or bad w/ the Quest Fabric tarp and bivy patterns. I'm considering just using a hodgepodge of online patterns SMD, BPL 5yds to UL Tarp, etc. for the tarp. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quest Fabric Bivy/Tarp Patterns
October 01, 9:17am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.