November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 161 - 170 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Thanks Wyatt
That is an excellent tutorial on the Cat Stove. It's going in the blog links. Thanks, for the tip on the potted meat cans, but I don't consume anything in a can that can be bought cheaper t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cat Can Stove
October 13, 2:39pm

re: dogs
My 2 40+ lb dogs have put the floor of my Sierra Designs tent through hell. It's listed as 70d silnylon, which I believe is 1.9(correct me if I'm wrong). If it were going to tear from the d...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.5oz Cuben
October 13, 12:02pm

Thanks for the measuring tips. My hole punch came from Hobby Lobby. They had a $3.99 version, but it was for punching fancy shapes and the round version looked a bit bigger than the standard sin...

October 13, 11:07am

Cat Can Stove
Made this one over the weekend. Cost: $1.99 for the hole punch, $.50 for the cat food(free can, my cat had to eat anyway, plus he got "special" food). Anyone have a tip for measuring alco...

October 12, 7:40am

no offense taken. i watch a lot of Madmen.

In GEAR » Frameless Pack for Women
October 05, 9:02pm

Thanks Ron
Ron, this gives me hope we might find a pack for my wife. She currently totes an REI Aries pack w/ a plastic framesheet and some aluminum stays. Weigh 3lb10oz, not the heaviest. Of course it was no...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack for Women
October 05, 5:33pm

Frogg Toggs poncho bivy
Frogg Toggs is offering free shipping. $13 for the poncho right now. Could button two together like Bill from TX on here did.

In Make Your Own Gear » I know, it's crazy
October 05, 8:58am

I wouldn't count on any longterm results from this setup, but I'd be willing to bet it'll last for a single trip. Another less unsightly method: sew some cheap 3mil painters drop plast...

In Make Your Own Gear » I know, it's crazy
October 05, 7:25am

I'll take it. pm sent.

In Gear Swap » Golite Hooded Windshirt
October 03, 4:06pm

Quest Fabric Bivy/Tarp Patterns
Anyone have any experience good or bad w/ the Quest Fabric tarp and bivy patterns. I'm considering just using a hodgepodge of online patterns SMD, BPL 5yds to UL Tarp, etc. for the tarp. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quest Fabric Bivy/Tarp Patterns
October 01, 9:17am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.