J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 161 - 170 of 599 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...60

Forum » Thread

ADZPCTKO - Reg Opens on the 15th - Lake Morena, CA
Any BPLers gonna be down at Annual Day Zero PCT Kick Off at Lake Morena, CA in April? A bunch of us from the Ojai/Santa Barbara area are driving down including a handful of Gossamer Gear Trail A...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » ADZPCTKO - Reg Opens on the 15th - Lake Morena, CA
March 13, 11:59pm

Re: New Balance Minimus Zero March 2012 only 4.4oz/pair
Ahh, good catch @Christopher, 4.X oz per shoe not pair. The NB website didn't specify if it was per shoe or pair. Maybe all their weights are by shoe, which would be weird, but as you show it s...

In GEAR » New Balance Minimus Zero March 2012 only 4.4oz/pair
March 13, 11:49pm

New Balance Minimus Zero March 2012 only 4.4oz/pair
Just launched March 2012. The 3rd generation updated model called the New Balance Minimus Zero MT00 is a 4.4oz trail running shoe that is looking sweet! Anyone going to get a pair? I just bought...

In GEAR » New Balance Minimus Zero March 2012 only 4.4oz/pair
March 09, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Comparison Matrix - 20 Degree Down Bags/Quilts
Re: Golite Quilt If we could get specs + fill power rating for a size Regular, I'd could add it to the matrix. Can't call myself today...

In GEAR » Comparison Matrix - 20 Degree Down Bags/Quilts
March 09, 11:45am

Re: Comparison Matrix - 20 Degree Down Bags/Quilts
Hobbes, thank you for the detailed MYOG specs. Good stuff. All the bags in this matrix are 875-900, except enlightened which is 850. That's as close to Apples to Apples any one needs for a r...

March 07, 2:55pm

Re: WTB: BPL Firelite Titanium Esbit Stove and Possumdown gloves size S
Hi Liz: Re PossumDown, see this thread for options: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=60369

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Firelite Titanium Esbit Stove and Possumdown gloves size S
March 07, 1:58pm

Re: 1 Year Backpacker Magazine Subscription for $2.99, Deekins.com
Nice. You can also get a free one with your annual Pacific Crest Trail membership dues. http://www.pcta.org/help/join.asp

In Gear Deals » 1 Year Backpacker Magazine Subscription for $2.99, Deekins.com
March 06, 9:54pm

Comparison Matrix - 20 Degree Down Bags/Quilts
Here's a little graphic from a spreadsheet I've been working on. If you are looking for a 20 degree down bag or quilt it may help you. From looking around, I would say that in a regular ...

March 06, 12:33pm

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD SoloMid Cuben 2011 Model
March 05, 12:32pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Men's L, Silver w/Tags
March 05, 12:21pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm