BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Cleaveland (jeremy11) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Exploring San Juan talus
About Me Bible believer, disciple of Jesus Christ, wilderness guide, rock climber, trail runner, mountain climber, ultralight nerd. I grew up in upstate NY going to camp in the Adirondacks where I eventually led trips on all the 46 high peaks, where going heavy led me to find Golite, through which I bought Beyond Backpacking, and the rest is history...
for years I've been an ultralight freak, sewing much of my own gear.
CityLake City
StateColorado
CountryAntarctica
My Website URLhttp://psc.photoshelter.com/user/jeremycleaveland/set/A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 161 - 170 of 171 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

DIY eVent availability?
where could I get a couple yards of eVent for a raincoat? Maybe Mountain Laurel Designs would be nice enough if its not available from a fabric retailer??

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY eVent availability?
September 26, 10:32pm

comfortable carrying weight
The review mentioned that the pack carried comfortably up to 35 pounds. I carry up to 30 pounds in my frameless Golite Gust; compared to the Gust, this pack is a major load hauler, suitable for he...

In Editor's Roundtable » CiloGear 60 Liter WorkSack Backpack REVIEW
September 18, 10:11pm

Paramo!
I have the Paramo Aspira, Cascada trousers, and Parameta S mountain pull on. They are super great (except for weight and cost) I think Paramo featured an expedition in their catalogue a couple ye...

In GEAR » cold weather clothing
September 11, 8:53pm

go for it
the Minima is great. I made mine with .6" primaloft for a bit more warmth, Momentum shell ,1.1oz liner, and a #3 molded tooth zipper. It is simple enough if you have some sewing experience. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has Anyone completed the Minima Vest kit from thru-hiker.com?
September 10, 10:46pm

scrap projects!
stuff sacks, of course. a nut tool from a bike wrench (a cone-style wrench for 1 piece crank adjusting) that is heavy, but really tough and 1.5 inches longer than commercial nut tools an insulate...

In Make Your Own Gear » "Free" gear
September 10, 10:39pm

oops!
so, I was making my SECOND (the first went off without a glitch...) Liberty Ridge windcoat from thru-hiker.com, when I realized I had sewn the sleeves on the wrong sides of the back panel. arrrgh!...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG -Failures!
September 10, 10:08pm

Photon Freedom Microlight vs Princetontec Pilot
So, I can't find the Pilot on here anywhere. anybody used both of these? The Freedom sounds really good, but the features seem really similar

In GEAR » Photon Freedom Microlight vs Princetontec Pilot
September 06, 9:22pm

white gas
why is it not good for white gas? with MSRs at least, it would only be lighting the gas in the primer cup. it seems that should be a stable enough situation

In GEAR » FireLite Mini Firestarting Kits
September 04, 11:48pm

CILOGEAR!!!!
I got the 60L spring '06 and have used it for 2 summers of wilderness guiding plus rock climbing and backpacking on my own. It is the ultimate do everything pack. stripped down it is almost a...

In GEAR » Question about CiloGear packs
September 04, 12:02am

GUST
Golite Gust (really heavy, I know...) w/ 3/4 Ridgerest rolled and packed and when I'm guiding (heavyweight) backpacking I use my Cilogear 60L pack with the frame removed and the 3/4 ridgerest r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Frameless Backpack Suspension Systems
September 02, 11:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I've made two of these, both with a full #3 ykk molded tooth zipper and hood. the first was from 1.1 oz dwr, the second from 1.1 oz teflon dwr. I normally use the non-telfon due to its greater b...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 16, 10:57am

Mark Twight/The Mountaineers Extreme Alpinism
this is an incredible read. Get it for the epic stories alone. I often say "it could be worse" to encourage my spirits in hard conditions, and the stories really illustrate how true that i...

In Books and Media
January 14, 11:12pm

Dasani Dasani 1 Liter bottle
it is really light, lighter than a 1 L gatorade, but is weaker and has a small opening, making it messier to put in drink mix. Mine worked fine, but they have a shorter life than gatorade bottles. T...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
October 25, 10:13pm

Paramo Aspira Jacket
Paramo has a very unique method for waterproofing - there is no membrane, but instead has a dwr shell with a pump liner that moves liquid water, whether rain or sweat, away from you faster than it can...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 27, 11:21pm

Cilogear 60L worksack, version 1
The Cilogear 60L pack (mine is version 1) is the one pack that can handle everything, and excel at everything. It is light enough for backpacking but durable enough to abuse with bushwhacking, alpine...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 23, 3:20pm

Cilogear 20L
The Cilogear 20L pack was designed specifically as an alpine climbing leader's pack. it is small so you can't lead with too much stuff (you're already carrying a rack and dragging a rope ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 05, 9:13pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
(why is this under internal frame packs? all it has is a stiff foam back pad...) its a great bag. here's what i don't like so much - the shoulder straps are just a bit too narrow for my n...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 05, 8:56pm