Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 161 - 170 of 845 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...85

Forum » Thread

Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
Just saw this on TD's Products page... "CUSTOM Caldera Ti-TriTM Stove System Trail Designs is now offering Ti-Tri's made to order for any of the pot designs we currently support ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 06, 12:21pm

Two Foam Pads
Thermodynamically, it's rather marginal where you place the foam insulation. With one on top and one on bottom, the only heat loss out of the BA Clearview will be through the sidewalls which is...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad choices
February 06, 8:20am

Re: Primus EtaPower Pot - 2.1 Liter
interesting idea in using it to raise the center.... I can't find the pic... but I've seen one of the bottom and the there is a ring under the heat exchanger that would allow the stove legs...

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not?
Part 6: Measurements on Liquid Fuel Stoves

February 06, 8:12am

Re: Grip studs for shoes
Definitely nicer that rolling your own solution out of self tapping machine screws. However, self tapping machine screw would be cheaper.

In GEAR » Grip studs for shoes
February 06, 8:09am

Re: Ringed Wax Stoves
Interesting... I can't wait to see something of the design. that sounds really cool.

In Editor's Roundtable » Explorations into Candle Stoves
February 05, 7:22pm

Re: solo Hex
To John's point, even the Spinnaker (rather than Cuben) version of the MLD MID 2008 is pretty darn light (18 oz)... MLD's tieouts seem to be rather bomber (and spinnaker fabric is stronger ...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Shelters @
February 05, 3:07pm

Re: Refuge does have a floor!
Ron's got a blog? SWEET! Oh, and the Refuge looks really cool too... ;)

In Gear Deals » Ron Moak's new Refuge tarptent
February 05, 8:09am

Re: county Comm
Even if it isn't the same, the count comm one is rather nice. and sharp... Also they're SERE saw sounds potentially useful if one does wood stoves and wants to chunk thicker twigs smalle...

In GEAR » Derma-safe Knife
February 04, 8:45am

Sigma DP1
Yeah, that sigma looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to see some actual hand-on reviews of a production model. The olympus is what has my curiosity piqued, though.

In Photography » GE E1050 digital camera - Wide Angle, GPS, HD video
February 02, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Caldera Cone and Trangia
Allison, I wonder if that new featherfire XL would work a little better. As mentioned, I suspect you're going to lose some thermodynamic efficiency using a Trangia, however the ease-of-use a...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Trangia
February 02, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am