BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 161 - 170 of 1854 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...186

Forum » Thread

Re: test
watch test

In User Test Forum » test
August 07, 9:25am

test
test

In User Test Forum » test
August 07, 9:25am

Re: Philmont Observations
Here's a hint: When you go to Logistics to map the trek route, see if you can get a list of when all the programs at the staffed camps take place. Great tip, thanks. I'll be sure to pas...

In Philmont » Philmont observations
August 06, 9:21am

Re: This is why climbing Everest is stupid.
I seem to recall that Yogi Berra had something to say about that kind of situation.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » This is why climbing Everest is stupid.
July 28, 4:48pm

Re: Small Change
"Some will freak out when they see Ben Franklin." Eat first. Then pay. They WILL accept it. Thank you for triggering a trip down memory lane ... from a U. S. Grant worth of years ag...

In Gear Deals » Tyvek Wallet
July 24, 8:15pm

Re: An Alaskan perspective
heading downstream in a pack raft with a 9'6" paddle is not something I would try. Nor would a lake with a 4'6" paddle be quite the best. Paddles are a compromise between foreword...

In Packrafting » Which packraft paddle?
July 23, 8:50am

Re: Compressible
also not compression sacks but Granite Gear makes cuben/event sacks

In GEAR » Cuben Fibre compression stuff sacks
July 23, 8:15am

Re: BWCAW
Also you won't need permits for October as the permit system ends at the end of September. au contraire! It is the QUOTA system that applies only to May1-Sep30. A permit is required year...

In Packrafting » Packrafting in the BWCAW?
July 19, 5:10pm

Re: The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
Very nice, Roger. 89g ... 3.14oz ... the pi stove! Some other dimensions would be nice (height, what diameter circles would circumscribe legs and pot supports) Perhaps a photo of the stov...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
July 17, 7:51pm

Re: BWCA Packraft Fall Trip
A word of caution ... the toughest of the maintained BWCAW paddle/portage routes are still only about 25% portage. Richard N's advice above is sound. The Primitive Management Areas (PMA) co...

In Packrafting » Packrafting in the BWCAW?
July 16, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am