Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Patsalides (james@patsalides.com) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New England
About Me British fella living in New England. Restarted hiking kick early in 2009 after a lot of years off. Trying to get my 3 year old out on the trail as much as possible. Goals are to hike at least twice a month, every month, with at least one overnight, and ultimately to thru hike the AT by the time I'm 50.

+ Leave No Trace Master Educator.
+ SOLO certified Wilderness First Aider.
+ BPL Wilderness Skills School Alum.
+ Learning/leadership/creativity consultant in real life.
CityManchester
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent Gear List - August 2009

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Patsalides

Showing 161 - 170 of 305 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...31

Forum » Thread

Sleeping in waterproof breatable clothing
Gerry: I've used my cacoon pants over my hiking pants a couple of times when I thought it was too cold for just the pants + long johns... I just put them right over the hiking pants with no lo...

In GEAR » Sleeping in waterproof breatable clothing
January 04, 2:18pm

RE: Gear gear gear - downsizing *PRICES REDUCED*
Some prices reduced... come on guys, good stuff here!

In Gear Swap » Gear gear gear - downsizing part 1
January 02, 10:42am

Re: Sewing Machine
Maybe a photo or two? ;-)

In Gear Swap » Sewing Machine
December 31, 2:09pm

Marmot sizing...
Doesn't say inside the jacket. Just says "M". REI.com size chart says chest 39-41. I am a 43 and it is comfortable over a base layer and lightweight fleece.

December 30, 9:34pm

Re: Gear gear gear - downsizing part 1
John: Ha! I didn't even notice that little pendant. Maybe I should offer RPI alumnus discounts??? Go on... buy some gear!! ;-) Peace, James (RPI MS in Management, 2008).

December 30, 8:36pm

Additional Photos of Salomons
*** Salomons Sold to Reid ***

December 30, 11:56am

Gear gear gear - downsizing part 1
Friends: OK, downsizing my gear closet for 2010... first, clothes... all prices include shipping (CONUS), paypal only, please. PM if you need more info on any of these items. Happy New Year!!! ...

December 30, 9:23am

Ugly Mugs
Summer in the Gallatin Range... this was on the BPL Wilderness Skills 1 course in July. Sooo coool to put faces to names.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 29, 1:49pm

FS: MLD Grace Solo Tarp
Hey, Ernie! Could you post a photo or two of your tarp in action? Thanks! Peace, James.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Grace Solo Tarp
December 29, 9:46am

A more scientific method to extend sleeping bag temp ratings
Sid: You might be onto something there... then you could program your route into the system, and it would spit out pre-bagged carbs, proteins, fiber "mush" which would give you the most ...

In GEAR » A more scientific method to extend sleeping bag temp ratings
December 29, 7:56am

All Reader Reviews by James Patsalides

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquaclip Aquaclip (black)
This little piece of plastic is unbelievable. It clips onto your plastic water bottle (aquafina or smartwater etc), then slides over your belt, pack strap or clip, sternum strap... wherever! If you...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 21, 9:37am

Berghaus C7-65+10
Used this bag for a couple of years on numerous hiking trips BEFORE getting into lightweight backpacking. As an example of a traditional backpack, it is one of the best out there. Berghaus' biof...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 20, 12:54pm

IKEA Plastic Cup (Orange)
This super-cheap lightweight plastic cup form IKEA has become a core part of my cooking and eating system. The cup weights 1oz, and is insulating enough to use for tea or coffee, as well as cold drin...

In Cookware - Other
December 20, 12:36pm

Glaceau Smart Water 1 Liter bottle
I started using these bottles in the late summer and I love them. I now have 3, 2x 1L and 1x 0.6L version. Two of them fit perfectly into the side pocket of my golite jam, or one slides perfectly do...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
December 20, 12:28pm

Berghaus Tech T Long Sleeve
The Berghaus tech T long sleeve base layer is a top quality lightweight synthetic base layer designed by one of Europe's premier gear manufacturers. This is a summer base layer, roughly equivalen...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
December 15, 11:22am

Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn Tarp
The SpinnTwinn has now become my primary tarp for solo use. The quality is outstanding, perfect stitching, strong tie-outs, the new cord locks are great. Matched up with 8x titanium nails and my LT4 t...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
December 10, 7:35am

Cocoon Pro 90 Quilt
First, I have to state for the record that this is my first quilt, so my review may be biassed by my happy transformational transition from bags to quilts! I have used this quilt as part of an in...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 08, 7:57pm

Golite Jam
If, like me, you're starting the journey into SUL backpacking, this is the perfect starter pack. Good size for a multi-day, but not so huge that you are tempted to put extra stuff into the pack. A...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 11:34am