Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Zack Karas (iwillchopyou@hotmail.com) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me Trail names that haven't stuck: Oprah, Sir Craps-a-Lot, Runaway Blouse, Bunefa, Steve, Big McLargeHuge, The Inedible Uncle Fabulous.

Don't ask.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Zack Karas

Showing 161 - 170 of 399 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...40

Forum » Thread

Bivy
Fair enough.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Waterproof Bivy
August 19, 9:06pm

Doggies!!
Her mom was an Australian Shepherd, dad was a black lab. Or as I like to say, half mutt, half retard (but a sweet retard). That wasn't very politically correct, was it?

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Jam 2
August 19, 8:14pm

Golite torso size
I have a 19.5" torso and use a medium in the original model. Just posting to let you know about size, not cause I'm ready to part with my pack.

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Jam 2
August 19, 8:01pm

I can't believe I'm posting about underwear.
I exclusively use Ex Officio's boxer briefs. I bring 2 along on thru-hikes and am still using some from 2003. They last forever and have some sort of anti-microbial thingy that I suppose make...

In GEAR » Skivvies
August 19, 7:48pm

Bibler Winter Bivy
I have a Bibler Winter bivy that has only been used once. I've done the standing water test on it and nothing came through after something like 5 hours (when I decided that was enough testing)...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Waterproof Bivy
August 19, 7:42pm

Level 5
Thought I would jump in here with a joke, that this last post reminded me of, from the Simpsons: "I'm a level 5 vegan--I don't eat anything that casts a shadow".

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
August 19, 6:01pm

Do you guys also go to ren fairs?
First, I truly commend you guys and admire what kind of intellect you can put to this task. Second, you have WAY too much time on your hands, but I guess whatever can pass the time until the n...

In GEAR » Backpacking Weight Ranks
August 19, 2:17pm

I'm a total noob.
Okay, I have to admit that I understood very little of the technical description of some the accessories and whatnot that Ryan was describing. I am very interested in getting into fishing, but I d...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Fly Fishing with Tenkara: Ultralight Style and Simplicity
August 18, 9:59pm

ouch
That's funny--and I bet you quickly picked yourself up and looked around to see if anyone saw? I was running up to Lake Aloha here in Tahoe and was traveling over very rocky terrain (think...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra High Route discussion
August 18, 4:38pm

SHR
Great info--thanks. Well, the SHR is definitely out for me this year, as I just broke my ankle this morning training for an upcoming local trail race (also out for me). Bummer. There's a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra High Route discussion
August 18, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Zack Karas

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
As many previous reviewers have noted, this light stove works well and supports my ti pot well. I only use this in lower elevations and warmer weather, but that is due to esbit not the stove. I ...

In Stoves - Other
September 15, 12:36pm

Therm-A-Rest Ridgerest
I buy a size regular and cut it into two 30" long sections and I believe they weigh 5oz. One pad will last me for about 1200 miles before I replace it--though the replaced pad still has life lef...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
September 15, 12:33pm

Bibler Eldorado
I have only used it around 14 or so nights since then (only use it in more rugged and windy environments when snow is a possibility). My wife and I used it for our 10-day Tibet trek and it perfor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 09, 4:47pm

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
I had high hopes for this pillow--the single baffle version. I have found that I have to inflate it very little to avoid my head rolling all over the place. So, in order for this pillow to keep my h...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 09, 4:36pm

Adidas Supernova Trail 5
After having foot problems, I went to a podiatrist and had custom orthotics made. The Dr. also recommended these shoes and to replace all shoes every 300-500 miles. Since using these, I have had z...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 09, 4:04pm

Red Ledge Thunderlight pants
I'm surprised that more people don't use and/or know about these. My pants weigh 6.5oz size medium and fit over my shoes. They have button snaps at the ankle to allow for 2 different sizes b...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 4:00pm

Brasslite Turbo II-D
Purchased in 2004, used for around 6000 trail miles. Weighs 2.5oz, so there are lighter alternatives out there, but for the slimmer sleeve I feel it is worth it as it allows a broader trail diet. ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
September 08, 10:15am

Western Mountaineering Pod 30
Purchased in 2005, used for entire CDT, 10-day Tibet trek, Iceland thruhike, 6 months hiking in NZ, plus about another 1000 or so miles. Weighs 17 oz after cutting off pad sleeve. Only downsid...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 08, 10:12am

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 3
I recently purchased this for a thruhike of Iceland based on its' weight. It performed well, but let me explain... The foot-end of the tent is lower than the head-end, plus the vestibules are ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 08, 10:06am

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These would be a 5 if the supplied adhesive strip resisting peeling after very wet days. Superglue was the answer and has held the velcro down wonderfully. Very breathable (and I'm a sweater...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 08, 9:59am