BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 161 - 170 of 321 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: condensation, VBLs
> EACH foot can produce MORE than a PINT of sweat per day... can but not necessarily will. Not while sleeping, I think. In the winter I usually layer VBL socks over wool ones; in the morning...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Condensation inside bivy bags
January 27, 7:25am

Re: Clothing Layers - Need some help please
Iceland is the typical place where you may regularly need some more insulation than the base layer while hiking even in the summer but I wouldn't take a soft shell for the long distance: too sp...

In GEAR » Clothing Layers - Need some help please
January 25, 6:53am

Re: Re: Re: Re: HRP ressuply -- most helpful!
not really that much of it. The terrain really varies, you can find anything, from tarmac road sections to off-trail mountaineering routes. On average, trails are fine and the really rough sections...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Europe
October 14, 5:59am

Re: Re: HRP ressuply -- most helpful!
that late window is pushing things a bit but in a normal year it should be fine. I used the Cicerone book myself but I don't know about the new edition. The one I used broke the route in 40-som...

October 14, 3:19am

Re: Spain
> We talked about Spain and the only reason we didnt think about it is because we knew nothing of the country. We had no idea what the landscape was like it's varied. The Atlantic regions...

October 13, 4:29pm

Re: Kungsleden
> Sounds like a pretty mellow hike and and a real cultural experience I've only been the the part of the Kungsleden that meets the Nordkalottleden but I can say it's not what I'd ...

October 13, 4:18pm

Re: Re: British Mountain Club!
> The YHA won't be any use in Europe in the mountains. I used it on the Nordkalottleden in northern Scandinavia. At least in the norwegian huts and I think also in the swedish ones to get...

October 13, 4:09pm

Re: BPing in Europe
> Anyway late august to mid september rules the HRP out imo not at all. It's actually a very good window for the HRP (except for being too short for the whole thing). September is usually...

October 13, 4:06pm

HRP ressuply
it's not that hard. I used the postal service, sent packages to Lescun, Gavarnie and Salardu (to a hostel as there's no PO in Salardu) but I think I could have done without. There are super...

October 13, 4:01pm

Re: Vaude, Where are they made??
I can't say for sure but I highly doubt Vaude has done any significant manufacturing in Germany or anywhere in western Europe anytime AD but I've always found Vaude products reliable and go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has anyone used VAUDE products?
October 09, 4:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am