BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 161 - 170 of 332 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: lighter cycle touring
> I have become convinced that cyclists carry too much stuff with them, and can learn from UL backpackers if lightweight backpacking is kind of alien in Europe, lightweight bicycle touring is...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Share your UL touring photos
April 14, 7:54am

Lightweight panniers from POE
I need new panniers to use in a multi-week trip in a somewhat remote location so reliability is a main factor but weight is too. The Ortlieb classics seem like the obvious choice and I'll proba...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Lightweight panniers from POE
April 14, 7:24am

Whatever happened to OTB thinking
> waterproof shorts are not very useful and that's why they aren't manufactured for mass consumption there are many items that are useful and are not manufactured for mass consumption...

In Philosophy & Technique » rain shorts? ...possible or just plain stupid?
April 09, 3:53am

Filling soft sided bottles
filling a soft sided bottle can be more difficult but can also be easier than filling a hard sided one, sometimes you can bend and force the soft one under a little trickle in a hollow where a hard...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Efficiency with water tablets
April 08, 10:11am

Re: rain shorts? ...possible or just plain stupid?
I had the same idea a few years back and I eventually went for a waterproof skirt, not shorts: much easier to make (it was a MYOG thing), no need to be breathable and very functional: you can carry...

In Philosophy & Technique » rain shorts? ...possible or just plain stupid?
April 08, 9:51am

Re: cuben cozy
ziplock bags don't perspire. You shouldn't have any condensation

In GEAR » cuben cozy
April 08, 9:20am

Stephensons 2C in the (Lapland) arctic
> I know that a Stephenson 1 P tunnel has been used on a Nordkalotten (Scandinavian long distance trail) thru-hike with good performance I used a 2C on such thru-hike. Even if it's the ar...

In GEAR » Arctic tent
April 08, 8:20am

Packing style refects character
the packing style seems an odd choice as criteria for evaluating tarp damage unless we are talking about damage while the tarp is packed. If it's about damage while in actual use, it'd be m...

In GEAR » SURVEY REPORT: THE MYTHS OF TARP DURABILITY
April 07, 10:29am

Re: Tarp for bike touring
forget about poles and think more generic: you need some vertical support (at least, one; usually no more than two). Many hikers tarp without specific poles or even hiking poles. Common solutions a...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Tarp for bike touring
March 15, 11:55am

Re: Ultralight bike tour
a rack or a trailer are by far the best way to carry any significant weight on a bike unless you have a very good reason to not use them. So far, I don't see any. Carrying weight on your back i...

In GEAR » Ultralight bike tour
March 05, 4:17am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am