Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 161 - 170 of 6983 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
"I have had my nose ring for well over 30 years and I seem to be doing fine," The queen of links has a nose ring. There's a poetic symmetry to that..... I still think John shoul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Volumetrically Dense Food?
Looks fabulous. Care to share the recipe?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Volumetrically Dense Food?
December 31, 12:59pm

Re: Winter Traction Device???
Has anyone tried the ICEtrekkers diamond grip? http://www.rei.com/product/806475/kako-icetrekkers-diamond-grip-traction-system

In GEAR » Winter Traction Device???
December 30, 8:34pm

Re: it's been a couple of months now, feedback on iphone 6 use in the backcountry? 6 vs 6 plus?
Not specifically about the OP's question, but related info some might find useful. http://www.scottyloveless.com/ios-battery-life/

In GEAR » it's been a couple of months now, feedback on iphone 6 use in the backcountry? 6 vs 6 plus?
December 30, 8:30pm

Re: Do I Sense Religious Intolerance?
"It's like 1950's America. When I go into a restaurant or store I see nice pretty girls who aren't all covered in tattoos and nose rings. They actually have morals. They have manne...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 30, 7:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
"Salt Lake City does seem like an obvious choice. The only thing that gives me pause is that I am not Mormon." From Wikipedia: Recently, Utah has experienced an in-migration of popu...

December 30, 6:37pm

Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
I'm still looking at checking out Boise when I retire, I've heard lots of good things about it. Don't know about jobs though.

December 30, 4:34pm

Re: Mapping Software for a Mac ?
I don't use mapping software so I can't be of much help, but the following, if it does everything it claims, seems pretty impressive. And there's a free trial. It's $100 on the Mac ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mapping Software for a Mac ?
December 30, 1:16pm

If you didn't buy this for your kid this Christmas...
...then you're a bad parent. Sorry. http://www.wired.com/2014/12/henes-broon-f870/

In Chaff » If you didn't buy this for your kid this Christmas...
December 30, 10:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How the internet closed off the world
I keep waiting for somebody to say something I could agree with. So far, no luck. You are not my people.

In Chaff » How the internet closed off the world
December 29, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am