Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 161 - 170 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: WM Sequoia GWS, 6', LZ, $450
Price lowered to $450 plus shipping.

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Sequoia GWS, 6', LZ, $500
June 20, 10:23am

Re: Re: Re: PNW GGG Pics
"Doug is very good at idying people and tents. It's almost like he was there. Kind of spooky." LOL! My thinking: 1. Ian has mentioned his BigBlobMid before, so I assumed this...

In Post-Trip Reports » PNW GGG ~ pocos pero locos
June 20, 9:47am

Re: PNW GGG Pics
Okay, this is much tougher! But what the heck. 1. Ian 2. Daryl 3. Ned 4. Ian? Michael? 5. Katherine 6. Rod 7. Michael 8. Diane 9. Diane Of course, I didn't acco...

June 19, 10:16pm

Re: Who are these strange people?
Far left is Ian. next to him, I assume, is Daryl (who, for some strange reason, isn't wearing a foam top). Far right is Steven Paris. I assume that's Michael G next to Steven. I assume that...

June 19, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Loaner Backpack Suggestions
One way around needing varying belts is to get/make a belt extender. You can get a smaller belt, and use an extender (simply a length of webbing with the appropriate connectors for your belt, you c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Loaner Backpack Suggestions
June 18, 8:57am

Re: Re: PNW GGG ~ pocos pero locos

June 17, 10:40pm

Re: Re: +1 on Bellingham
So visited Bellingham, Mt. Vernon, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Arlington, and surrounding areas. Now, visited means driving around/through. Stopped for barbecue in Granite Falls. Loved Bellingh...

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
June 17, 9:03pm

Re: BG and the Demise of BPL
"Donkeys are too heavy, get a goat." Donkeys, onions? Never mind.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BG and the Demise of BPL
June 17, 5:50pm

Re: In honor of Bob Gross, buy a foam pad and get 10% off
"Odd for someone that knows a lot about GPS's." IHOBG, might I suggest you hire an editor....

In Gear Deals » In honor of Bob Gross, buy a foam pad and get 10% off
June 16, 7:57pm

Re: Re: Paint 'em
"look at the spot where you think you lost it from multiple positions. Sometimes the light is hitting just right to where it won't stand out and looking for it from a different angle helps...

In GEAR » Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
June 15, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am