BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 161 - 170 of 286 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

the chicken condo is up and running
Well, my Cornish Broilers are now 25 days old, and I went ahead and installed them in their new digs in the pasture. I've been raising them up since they were one day olds in the garage, in a 6...

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
March 28, 11:48am

Re: Long Roadless Trails ?
You might look into the Frank Church Wilderness in Idaho.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Long Roadless Trails ?
March 17, 7:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Raising broilers now
I paid about $1.55 per bird for my Cornish Cross broilers. I am picking up an additional 10-12 layers today to go along with our mature layers. I think they are a bit over $2 each. We don't put...

March 08, 7:35am

Re: Re: Raising broilers now
We have a local small town processer who does the whole job for $2.25 per bird, so I will pass on that work! I've cleaned lots of pheasants, and other upland birds and waterfowl, and a few deer...

March 07, 5:12pm

Re: Sunglasses
Russ, one of the best places to get high quality sun glasses on the cheap is Sierra Trading Post. They are constantly blowing out sunglasses, and they carry good reliable brands that will take c...

In GEAR » Sunglasses
March 07, 5:02pm

Raising broilers now
I came home with 30 broilers this week. All one day old, and am going to raise them up on both feed and the pasture. Trying to keep them as natural as possible for some delicious eating. I am also ...

March 05, 5:11pm

Re: Re: What are your favorite backpacking blogs?
I just started to put my own trips together on line, here's my url www.getlostoffroad.com Lots of great links that I will now go spend a bunch of evenings checking out!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What are your favorite backpacking blogs?
March 03, 6:19pm

Re: Question - Which Lightweight / High Volume Pack Do You Use?
another +1 for the SMD Starlite. I never really get it full, but wow, it just carries so easily that I don't mind the extra 8 or 10 oz... A seriously comfortable pack.

In GEAR » Question - Which Lightweight / High Volume Pack Do You Use?
March 03, 6:08pm

Re: Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
Larry, I read this thread with interest because I have just begun to start running again after a long hiatus. I used to run regularly, ran cross country in school, and usually did 6 mile runs 3-...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
February 25, 8:10am

Re: Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
I just finished reading "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. A tale about running, our bodies, the bane of Nike, and the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico's Copper Canyon. I think this ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
February 17, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am