Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 161 - 170 of 5490 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...549

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Garbage leads rescuers to missing B.C. hiker in Golden Ears park
His biggest failure was not letting someone know where he was going. I tell my wife where I going when I walk the dog. It's not That hard. Or buy And Carry a PLB.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Garbage leads rescuers to missing B.C. hiker in Golden Ears park
December 24, 2:40pm

Re: Re: Re: John Muir died 100 years ago on Christmas Eve
If someone posted saying they were doing the JMT with an overcoat, a crust of bread, and a tea bag they would be quickly chastised, ad nauseam. Muir is to be commended for all that he did in ter...

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir died 100 years ago on Christmas Eve
December 24, 2:32pm

Re: The Bibles
"It was written, assembled, copied and translated by people." The Gospels were gleaned from old documents (the Gnostics) that were cherry picked for social and political control, and w...

In Chaff » The Bibles
December 24, 2:05pm

Re: Re: John Muir died 100 years ago on Christmas Eve
"And he was one of the first, if not THE first, ultra light backpacker." Only because he was a mooch.

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir died 100 years ago on Christmas Eve
December 24, 8:42am

Re: Re: Naughty
"Tis the season of joy and forgiveness!" And why doesn't "joy and forgiveness" apply to the rest of the year...?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Naughty list....
December 23, 3:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Ok. Pictures...gross. You have been warned.
"He says that it suffocates them and they fall off with head intact." There are varying degrees of success with suffocation. But, if you are worried about an allergic reactions, o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My tick experience. No pictures but not for the squeamish.
December 23, 9:02am

Re: Thanks everyone!
"I may be in for an uphill battle." Dogs are smart. Our dog knows exactly what should happen when I say HERE. If my wife has her in "training mode" a single 'Here...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Puppy ate my manhood
December 22, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Puppy ate my manhood
It's been a while since we've had a puppy... They have a "sensitive" period around 12-16 (?) weeks that you need understand. They need a lot of support and confidence building...

December 22, 12:52pm

Re: Puppy ate my manhood
If you are active, and take your dog along, she'll do fine. If you live in the smooth confines of a city you will need to find trails to toughen her feet before setting out on a 3 day cruise ...

December 22, 12:25pm

Re: 1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
Which MarPat - Woodland, Desert, Snow ...?

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
December 22, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm