BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 161 - 170 of 5127 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...513

Forum » Thread

Re: 2nd
Just a FYI. Money changed hands and the poles are headed my way.

In Gear Swap » GG LT4 poles (no straps)
July 22, 9:09pm

Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
Meanwhile, back to the thread .... ~ 44 miles +/- in 12 hours +/- From Whitney Portal to almost Vidette Meadow. With about 8,000'+ of climbing. 3.3 miles per hour. Wow. Assumi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 22, 8:44pm

Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
"The Spot device sampling rate seems to be once every ten minutes," Except between #30 and #31, and then between #34 and #35. For 45 minutes and then 100 minutes, SPOT took a br...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 22, 5:57pm

Re: Re: How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
Although one might suspect otherwise, I don't have a big mouth. My dentist hates me. I literally can't get two fingers in my mouth to floss effectively. Hence a "tool".

In GEAR » How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
July 22, 5:09pm

Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
Mt. Whitney is the official start/end.

July 22, 4:42pm

Re: Measurements
If you want to compare apples and apples, you need to know the starting temp of your water (I always start with 45°F water), and your boiling point (195°F for me at 7600'), and the quantity o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Esbit + Fosters Pot Boil Times
July 22, 4:34pm

Re: Flossing in the backcountry?
I use an E-Z-Floss (similar to the Bulter Floss Mate mentioned above) - I spool about 3' of floss around the base, which easily last the duration of a hike. The knobs on the sides and t...

In GEAR » How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
July 22, 4:21pm

Re: Re: Origin8 basket
Thanks Dale. I've seen brackets/braces that went back to the head tube, but apparently not here. Yes, let common sense prevail.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 12:09pm

Re: bike.
Dale - I can't tell looking at your photo or the Origin8 site... Is the stem the only thing that grips and stabilizes the front bars/rack/basket, or is there a widget somewhere providing...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 10:35am

Re: Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
"Looking to experiment with brown rice syrup as part of my carb intake." From Calorie King - 148 calories per fluid ounce From Wiki - The final product is 45% maltose, 3% ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
July 22, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm