BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 161 - 170 of 5083 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...509

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Installing slider on continuous zipper
"Right-side-up" and "stuff-the-ends-in" is a good technique for replacing sliders on any "in place" zipper. Pick out the stitching that locks the "starter end...

In Make Your Own Gear » Installing slider on continuous zipper
July 12, 1:12pm

Re: Installing slider on continuous zipper
I just did one yesterday, on a zipper already installed in a pack. The slider was worn. I didn't need to create a "starter strip", just shoved both ends in. Also, the video fa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Installing slider on continuous zipper
July 12, 11:24am

Re: Re: Re: Liter Question
Didn't it come with a snap-on lid?

In GEAR » Liter Question
July 12, 7:57am

Re: Planning a trip on the Colorado trail...
"I've done a few hundred milers in my day so I feel like I've got the experience to tackle something a little harder." So you know the drill. Just do it four more times. If ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Planning a trip on the Colorado trail...
July 12, 7:55am

Re: Re: Re: skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
Good point Mark. Assuming he can handle the weight, regardless of his speed, from MTR to Whitney Portal, he can certainly make it from Red's to MTR, whether or not he re-supplies at TM.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
July 11, 10:45am

Re: skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
"Has anybody done this?" Any combination of re-supplies is possible. But without knowing how many days you are taking for each section, and your weight per day for food, all answers ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
July 11, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: lightroom vs aperture for a noob
I have not used Lightroom. But a "Elements versus Lightroom" search turns up a lot of hits. First Hit I would venture to say that even if I had experience with Lightroom, it ...

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 10, 11:44am

Re: Re: WTB: Stickers
If you are looking for bike related stickers, your local bike shop has a box of them that they "sell" for cheap. During my tenure we accumulated and then gave/sold hundreds over the cour...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Stickers
July 10, 10:19am

Re: lightroom vs aperture for a noob
Jennifer, OK, going out on a limb here - - - IF the "photo bug" from the film days refers to the struggle to get well exposed/balanced photos, IF "blending and layer" ...

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 09, 7:45pm

Re: Another
"Interesting how scientists, universities, and grant-funded researchers can be so right when it comes to saving lives or creating the technologies that make our lives easier but suddenly so wr...

In Chaff » Belief versus Facts
July 05, 4:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm