Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 161 - 170 of 226 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Rainier light?
Aaron, We are going to take the 3 day approach. First day to Muir, then to Ingram flats, then summit and down. I am going with a large group and most have not done much climbing (me included) so...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
February 19, 10:49pm

Re: reply to Greg
Bob Thanks for the insight. I had read that they got more efficient but I thought that this diminished above a certain altitude. Greg

February 19, 10:41pm

Re: rainier climb list
Hi Elena, I was looking over your gear list for Rinier again and have a question about your stove. Did the Giga power work well at Muir? I have looked through the articles and posts on stoves but ...

February 19, 9:39pm

Re; Hexamid
Certainly. I just put it on the scales and it hit 3oz with the spectra guylines and stuff sack. My scale only does 1/4oz increments so it is probably a few grams heavier than that, but below 3.25. ...

In Gear Swap » zpacks cubin tarp
February 19, 5:27pm

Re: Hiker in Need!! can you help?
I don't have much gear laying around, but I can add a Visa gift card with a little cash on it. Maybe I could mail it to one of the members arranging a resupply? I would assume one of the early ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 19, 5:00pm

Re: zpacks cubin tarp
Hi Anthony, The pack and Hexamid arrived today! They look great. Thanks, Greg

In Gear Swap » zpacks cubin tarp
February 19, 4:54pm

Re; Montana
Thanks for the input guys. I will take your word for it and move the trip later in the summer. I will look into the places mentioned. I read that Kalispell was only 30 miles from the praking for...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Montana?
February 18, 10:43pm

Re: GoLite ION
Roger I just ordered one for my son to use. Thanks for the tip. Greg

In Gear Deals » GoLite ION
February 18, 7:52pm

Re: FS: Golite Reed pants Large
Michael, I recieved the Reeds today. Thanks, Greg

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Reed pants
February 18, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Montana
Hey Travis, Let's keep that open and see how it would work out. I am at the tentaive plannng stage right now. I am trying to fit in a few more trips this summer. So far I am going to the G...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Montana?
February 17, 10:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm