BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 161 - 170 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

I like the houdini better
I compared the two and I picked the houdini. The nine trails has a nice bit of stretch to it, and theoretically is more breathable. I choose the houdini because it has much longer length to it an...

In GEAR » Patagonia Nine Trails jacket vs Houdini
May 19, 2:55pm

I like mine snug
I'm going to respectfully disagree about the loose laces technique. I mean, if it works for Mike, or anyone else, that is fantastic and ya'll should keep doing it. I know as a hiker a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
May 17, 11:03am

thanks
great pictures, nice review

In GEAR » The North Face Sputnik 2P Single-Wall Tent... a backyard over-view.
May 09, 1:13pm

nano puff
I would never be warm enough in an R1 at camp with just a houdini over it. For me, R1 is really for when you are moving. Definitely go with the nano puff for a camp jacket.

In GEAR » Patagonia R1 or Nano Puff or (insert here) - mild warmth at camp
April 22, 9:16am

Cap 4 sold
Cap 4 Sold, Cap 1 still available

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Capilene shirts
April 03, 6:29pm

sale pending on Cap 4
Sale pending for the Cap 4, the Cap 1 is still available.

April 03, 2:59pm

FS: Patagonia Capilene shirts
Patagonia Capilene 4 Zip - Men's Size Small Excellent condition $40 shipped CONUS. Patagonia Capilene 1 Sleeveless Men's Size Small Only has been worn once. $20 shipped CONUS. ...

April 03, 11:19am

neato
Great stuff again, thanks for sharing.

In Editor's Roundtable » Home Away From Home In Argentina’s Lake District: Global Test Photo Essay
March 30, 8:31am

not that big of a deal
I'm going to be a rebel and say I don't think it makes that much of a difference. I've used a few different types of aluminum poles and some carbon fiber poles before weighing between ...

In GEAR » How important is the weight of trekking poles?
March 29, 12:23pm

Rab
Is that 11.2 ounces for the size small on your own scale? Have you had any issues with feather shedding?

In Gear Swap » FS: WM SummerLite | Rab Microlight Alpine Jacket | MontBell U.L. Down Inner Pants (new) | Golite Reed (new) | Thermarest Prolite (new)
March 23, 1:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am