BPL Community Profile

Raquel Rascal (flutingaround) - BPL Guest

My Locale Rocky Mtn. West
About Me An outdoors girl in Denver, CO. I have a love for skiing, snowshoeing and backpacking and want to venture into other mountain sports--backcountry skiing? I just took a winter camping course with the CMC last year. I have started to get back pain with a heavier load, so I want to lighten up and meet others in my area with the same mentality.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Raquel Rascal

Showing 161 - 170 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

thank you
for the tips everyone..I'm hoping for a good deal somewhere. Maybe a 4 season tent? A girl can dream, can't she?

In Gear Deals » Black Friday / Cyber Monday
October 24, 10:58pm

thanks
I will be sure to fluff as much as I can. I'm a little tight with the two pads inside of the bivy, so it could be challenging. I did order a 10* overstuff...so I'll be close with this 4 deg...

In GEAR » New quilt user.
October 24, 7:21am

@ MB
Thank you for some insight. I tried your method and I still couldn't figure it out. I guess I'm a visual learner. Anyway, I gave up and just used some twist ties to attach the loops tog...

October 23, 10:38pm

@ Christopher
Is that how you are going to strap them? For the life of me, I can't figure out how to secure the dang thangs. :)

October 23, 12:43pm

Sweet!
Congrats on the bees...they are so cool! Is your girlfriend sharing? Sarah- Could you provide a link about honey washing-- I'm not familiar with this.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Use Food: Manuka Honey?
October 23, 5:54am

pit zips
If you find something with pit zips, I'll be even more interested. Seems like that will be a critical piece to a winter shell.

In GEAR » Marmot Minimalist
October 23, 5:50am

ha
Lol.. Dale, yes, scotch counts. Makes me think about getting Honey Jack for the winter trips.

In Philosophy & Technique » Where do you compromise?
October 23, 5:34am

EE quilt
I have a new EE quilt too, and I can't figure out how to use the dang bungee cords. I'm going out this weekend with temps to the teens, so any insight on how to string the cords through and...

October 23, 5:29am

CMC classes
Have you taken any CMC classes?...they are fantastic for the price. Wilderness Trekking Course? Backpacking Course?

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking
October 21, 8:58pm

AMC book
I have the AMC book and it's pretty good. It's the same book that we used for the Winter Camping School last year with the CMC. Did you know that Andrew Skurka is talking at CMC headqua...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking
October 21, 8:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Raquel Rascal

Raquel Rascal has posted no reviews.