BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 161 - 170 of 572 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 1210
nice review. i have been looking at lighter foot things for some time now. more ... plantar tears will most often heal. Eventually. it can take several quite a few years, but they often mend 100%...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
September 18, 11:20am

Re: 3 season gear
keep the tape. because if you save about not-that-many grams of it by carrying only a small amount, you will probably have enough for yourself, and about not anything left for anybody else. and thu...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear
September 17, 1:16pm

trail clearing / Baton Wood
so : i got me two very sweet machete type blades. one is about 1/4" thick and sharpened to stupidity. it is almost useless for clearing trails. the other a more the hooked blade "brush cu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using Knife to Baton Wood
September 04, 2:57pm

Re: "Off-trail in the Teton Wilderness - Take 2"
beautiful place. simply stunning. bear wise : (the way i read it) you seem to have interrupted a feeding cycle. which is perhaps not really the world's greatest idea. but nothing came of it...

In Editor's Roundtable » Off-trail in the Teton Wilderness - Take 2
September 04, 2:50pm

Re: Re: Is anyone else feeling stranded?
it's not all really that much too hot, and it's probably above freezing. you are not trapped in stalingrad awaiting death. mao is not running your country. your family has enough to eat. no...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is anyone else feeling stranded?
September 04, 8:55am

Re: tubos
tubed cubans make appropriate gifts of appreciation all across the north. they weigh very little, and are not something that occures in villages by random accident. i normally toss several in the p...

In Multiple Use Gear » Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
September 03, 1:17pm

Re: What's it like to bushwhack after a large forest fire?
it's Great ! if it's really beuno burn, you'll find old mining ditches, camps, digs, and all manner of neat stuff normally lost to humanity. a year or two later you'll get mono-...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's it like to bushwhack after a large forest fire?
September 03, 12:57pm

Re: Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
"My wife isn't exactly warm to the idea of me going out alone. " so, it sounds like somebody is self centered and trying to enforce her position on another individual. if you cave...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 02, 3:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: dinner options where stoves are completely banned
or : you could take a look at cream of wheat (the Quick type). it expands as it cooks quite a bit . so, in a clever mood one morning, i tossed a wad of it into my nalgene bottle and let is simmer ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dinner options where stoves are completely banned
August 29, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Re: G.G.G. 6 A few changes I'd like to run by you.
so ; i was strolling around the parking area at Sailor Flat, and noticing that it's big, nearly flat'ish, free, tree'd, has a beautiful hike to the American River right next door, is ne...

In Pre-Trip Planning » G.G.G. 6 A few changes I'd like to run by you.
August 29, 7:22am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm