BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 161 - 170 of 276 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
Early Bob Dylan-Punk origin, Read this short blog especially last paragraph. Early Dylan was pure punk art. http://localmusic.blogs.tuscaloosanews.com/10906/10906/

In Chaff » Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
January 27, 8:33pm

Re: FS: John's UL bivy - $75 shipped
I am very pleased with the quality of the Bivy John made for me. Bill

In Gear Swap » FS: John's UL bivy - $75 shipped
January 22, 12:17pm

Re: PIF – A few smaller items
I will take the Rab Balaclava. Bill

In Gear Swap » PIF – A few smaller items
January 21, 4:31pm

Re: the good old days with photo
I paid about $68 for my Kelty A4 with a mountaineering frame at the Chatsworth,CA store. I remember seeing Eric Ryback's pack with broken frame he used on the PCT displayed at this store. I wa...

In GEAR » 1960's Kelty Price List
January 20, 8:53pm

Re: Golite Reed Pants XL on eBay
SOLD

In Gear Deals » Golite Reed Pants XL on eBay
January 17, 7:58pm

OR Versaliner Gloves
Nice deal at REI on OR Versaliner Gloves $29.93 regular $45.

In Gear Deals » OR Versaliner Gloves
January 14, 4:58pm

Re: FS Pyramid Tent, Precip, Bivys, Tarp, Driducks, Fabric
PM sent on pyramid tent. Bill

In Gear Swap » FS Pyramid Tent, Precip, Bivys, Tarp, Driducks, Fabric
January 10, 9:38pm

Re: PIB
To the BPL Universe, I hereby tribute Douglas Ide (lover of dark chocolate)with the honorary degree of Bhd (Backpackingology)from the University of BPL. Such an honor may only be given by a life...

In Gear Swap » PIB
January 09, 2:37pm

Re: FS cord Nacrabineers
Bowl Bump

In Gear Swap » FS cord Nacrabineers
January 02, 12:46pm

FS cord Nacrabineers
I have made up 50 Kohlhoff style (Nacrabiners) cord carabineers. Made from bright orange 3/32 military tether nylon cord. The cord is a nice diameter and stiffness which makes it easy to open and c...

In Gear Swap » FS cord Nacrabineers
January 01, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm