Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 161 - 170 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Good tarp
I have used that Equinox tarp for a solo shelter and found it to be wonderfully roomy and easily configured for a variety of conditions. The larger tarp lets you setup with the sides flush to the g...

In GEAR » Equinox SilNylon tarp
December 29, 2:59pm

Extender bar needed
I have these crampons, and had to purchase a longer extender bar to get them to fit my size 12 Montrail ICE 9 insulated single boots (New Classic bindings). With the stock (very flexible stainl...

In GEAR » Grivel, Air Tech Light crampons
December 20, 6:42pm

Volume and weight
Martin's right- you'll be carrying group gear such as heavy tents, some kind of group shelter, cooking stuff, pickets, rope, etc... not only can that easily up the volume requirements, but ...

In GEAR » 6000cubic inch bag
December 17, 3:08pm

Ready Mix
I asked Patagonia when I saw that the Ready Mix was off the website- they said it was part of their spring line and would be back for that season. Incidently, the Ascentionist appears to be a heavy...

In GEAR » Let's talk about softshell clothing systems!
December 17, 10:24am

essenshell
I believe the essenshell went through many versions and eventually become the Ready Mix. My essenshell, which is a simple pullover, is a non-stretch polyester that- I believe- has an Epic coating. ...

In GEAR » Let's talk about softshell clothing systems!
December 16, 8:03pm

Northern Lites
To reiterate what Steve said- the Northern Lites can be downright dangerous in very steep terrain. I use my Backcountry' for winter in the Catskills and Adirondacks. I have ended up in full spl...

In GEAR » Snowshoe traction by brand
December 16, 10:27am

synthetic clothing instead?
Quick question- is there any reason why synthetic clothing used inside a down bag would NOT have the same effect as the synthetic liner bag? I have been using my DAS parks inside a WM Antelope for...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 16, 10:13am

pants
If your lowest temp is 20 degrees, I'd use a thin wool baselayer, powerstretch over that, and then a good softshell pant (Mammut Champ for me). The breathability lets me wear this while moving ...

In GEAR » Lower body insulation down to 20 degrees F
December 10, 1:28pm

Gamma AR
I have been using a Gamma AR as my around-town jacket for years (the SV without hood). I just loaded up a pack and tried it on: yes, the zippers are under the shoulder straps. I could access them i...

In GEAR » Arcteryx Gamma SV Hoody ?
December 10, 12:34pm

cch aliens
Great post by Thomas about efficeincy in climbing... and I agree that aliens in the small/mid sizes are some of the most versatile pieces avialable (up to red or orange). The heads fit in pin scars...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Friends and nuts...
December 10, 2:35am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.