Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 161 - 170 of 285 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: time to develop plantar fasciitis?
Before you freak out too much, consider that real hiking/backpacking is different from working out on a treadmill. Each footfall in hiking is different, the terrain will vary in angle, surface cond...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » time to develop plantar fasciitis?
July 21, 8:42pm

Re: Tenkara for someone new to fly fishing?
TenkaraUSA is in San Francisco, you might want to contact them about local lessons, outings etc. I would ask over on their forums for advice and meetups: http://www.tenkarausa.com/

In Fishing » Tenkara for someone new to fly fishing?
July 19, 5:36pm

Re: Jerky versus dried sausage
It might be better, sausage has a lot of fat... Have to get some and try it.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jerky versus dried sausage
July 18, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Cooking on Aluminum Tooling Foil: It's the best!
Aluminum, generally, is 'hot short' meaning it loses strength rapidly when you raise it to melting temp. If you wrap a fish in foil and put it in coals, the cooking of the fish will kee...

In GEAR » Cooking on Aluminum Tooling Foil
July 17, 12:11am

Re: Penny Alcohol Stove
I've found with this design that you have to cover the central hole with penny AND the outer ring with the small holes with alcohol in order for it to prime reliably. Also, it tends to be somew...

In Make Your Own Gear » Penny Alcohol Stove
July 14, 2:05pm

Re: Thanks guys
How about up Santa Anita canyon from Chantry flats? You can do the hike to Sturtevant Falls and visit Sturtevant camp and then stay overnight at Hoegee's... it's pretty easy.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a hike recomendation in San Gabriels
July 13, 1:08pm

Re: Old Sewing Machine Guy Discussion
If you have the time and inclination, prowling craigslist is a great way of finding a vintage sewing machine that's 100% mechanical. Look for the ones pre 1990's with only straight and zigz...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Problems
July 10, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Labeling mini dropper bottles
Even without deet or oily liquids, the sharpie ink absorbs into the tape adhesive eventually and fades, especially the red. ALso, little bottles of bleach will fade the markings faster as the chlor...

In GEAR » Labeling mini dropper bottles
July 10, 2:25pm

Bic FTW
+1 on bic lighters, especially the mini-bics. I've tried the clear plastic ones and they do tend to have more quality problems than bics. Also, the no-name lighters frequently have a gas lever ...

In Philosophy & Technique » disposable lighters with visible butane level?
July 07, 2:37pm

top thread tension
As mentioned earlier, both thread tensions may need to be pretty high to get good stitched in webbing i've found. The deal is that all the layers of material cause a lot of friction on the thre...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Problems
July 06, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.